Where are Donald Trumps Tax Returns ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I along with most of America wants to know.

Why hasn't he released them ?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Obviously what's in them is far worse than the repercussions for not releasing them.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Same place as Hill Dogs Wall-Street speech transcripts and medical records are?

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Because that's what all candidates have provided in the past? Oh wait.

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Isn't that what the Internet is for?

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hillary knows all about this.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Keep telling yourself that.

The fact is that every president since Richard Nixon (except for Ford), has provided at least one year of their taxes.

So YOU may not care to see them, but there is a ~40 year precedent that Trump is hoping to ignore and avoid.

BTW ... I agree about medical records ... including prescription drugs. I'd love to see both HRC's and Trump's.

9. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

As I recall Hillary released he returns last week.

Again I ask.

Where are Donald Trumps Tax Returns ?

10. zin Suspended

How many pages of Hillary's tax returns have you read?

11. Herdfan macrumors 6502

And he LOST. So you should be happy there is a precedent.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Trump should release his tax returns and Hillary really should release her medical records. I'm not that concerned about Trump's taxes since he doesn't have a snowball's chance. However, I'd like to know if we are about to elect a walking time-bomb who could pop a carotid and stroke out at any second. Democrats have a long history of concealing their infirmities (Wilson, Kennedy) from the public and we have to the right to know if this person is up to the job. The fact that of late Hillary has been acting like a SNL-era Chevy Chase doesn't inspire confidence.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

But but but Hillary. Fantastic response

Why are you obsessed with the amount of the returns people read or what they want to find in Trump's? How many pages of her return have you read?

What we do know now is that Trump (or rather his speech writers) read her tax returns. Oh the irony of trying to use them against her in his recent speech.

14. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

More than Trumps.

15. 1458279 Suspended

It's too late for Trump to release his returns. It was talked about on Morning Joe. The theory is that he can't release them now because it would be the headlines for the rest of the run.

At this point, both side have their minds made up. Nothing is going to change the base on either side, except maybe WikiLeaks or some other surprise.

Don't hold your breath on Trump, the only thing that's might change at this point was be Trump's demeanor and I don't know if that'll be a full time change. Hillary will harp on it for a while and it'll fall on deaf ears because it won't change any votes. She can only use it as an over used, go to distraction.

It's going to be worn out long before it has any life left in it. I'd be more concerned about what WikiLeaks has and if Trump can pivot more towards things that bring up the numbers.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How many of Trump's have you read....you know, the subject of this thread?

17. zin Suspended

Zero. I won't be reading them when they're released, either.

Didn't read Obama's, Romney's, nor Clinton's. There's nothing in a tax return of any interest. If something's illegal, the IRS will find it.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

What if - and big what if - the returns show that Trump isn't worth what he says he is. What if his entire persona is a lie? Don't you think that matters? I'm not saying that's what the returns will show. But I think it speaks to someone's character if their entire life is a lie. Don't you?

19. zin Suspended

You won't find any information on a person's net worth in a tax return. That isn't what a tax return shows.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

sorry, but not going to happen. Not trying to be antagonistic, but seriously, it isn't going to happen, because HIPAA prevents that from happening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance_Portability_and_Accountability_Act#Privacy_Rule

In some cases, PHI can't even be disclosed to relatives of the patient.

And if it is disclosed, penalties could be anywhere between $100 per violation to $250,000 and jailtime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healt...ty_and_Accountability_Act#Violations_of_HIPAA

I had to work with such a disclosure when a former co-worker of mine went home from working at Medi-Cal, had a scrubbed copy of production data from the Medi-Cal (California's MediCare/MediCaid program) database on her laptop for work (she worked at the state's Dept. of Health Services) and had that laptop stolen out of her car.

50 million people had to be notified, with penalties coming from that. It cost the state a lot of money, and they were in the red at that time with Arnold.

BL.

21. 1458279 Suspended

I have read Trump's tax returns.

He's in deep, deep trouble now, it shows:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...llege-as-state-dept-funneled-55-million-back/

Oh, wait, that's Bill Clinton's tax returns... never mind, it's ok when a Dem does this...

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

23. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

It will show :

1. Charitable Contributions ( Trump says he gives a lot to vets etc. )
    2. Tax rate ( how much does he pay ? )
    3. Foreign Income ( How about those Russians ? )
    4. Various tax write-offs due to bankruptcies.

And more
    --- Post Merged, Aug 15, 2016 ---

See now we don't know what trump has done because he won't release his.

24. zin Suspended

Surely that article is referring to the disclosure of such information by the entity that has custody of the information, not the person to which the information relates to. You're telling me it is a crime for somebody to voluntarily disclose their own health records?

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yes, it is, because it isn't the person that is having the violation there; it is the custodian of the information that has failed in the disclosure of the information. Yes, it sounds counter-intuitive, but even if the patient discusses their medical records with a third party (the public), it is considered a HIPAA violation on the part of the custodian, because the information is only supposed to stay between the custodian and the patient (mitigating circumstances notwithstanding).

http://allnurses.com/hipaa-nursing-challenges/breach-of-hipaa-793600.html

BL.