Where are my eBooks?

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I know something changed with iTunes and iBooks, I had a bunch of ebooks, both ePub and pdf, on my iBooks on the Mac as well as on my old iPad2, now I can't find any of them, I am quite upset with this other move from Apple but I thought I could at least keep the books I already had and now dunno where they are, they used to be in the containers folder in the user library but they aren't there any longer, where they hell are they?

Thanks

chabig

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
I thought I could at least keep the books I already had...
You can.
now dunno where they are
They are in your Books app. The name of the app was changed from iBooks to just Books, but everything you had before is still there.

On my Mac, the path is ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/iCloud\~com\~apple\~iBooks/Documents though I can't get there in Finder.

Last edited:

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
You can.

They are in your Books app. The name of the app was changed from iBooks to just Books, but everything you had before is still there.

On my Mac, the path is ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/iCloud\~com\~apple\~iBooks/Documents though I can't get there in Finder.
Unfortunately there only are a few books which seem to be the ones I had bought or downloaded through either iTunes or iBooks, all the others are gone and they were quite a lot.

chabig

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
I'm surprised by this. Mine all stayed intact during the Mojave upgrade. Did you perhaps do a clean install? Regardless, that's what backups are for. Do you have one? Drag them from your backup onto the new Books app to restore.