Where are photos saved in iPhoto? Want to archive to DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I want to acrhive all my photos to DVD but being new to apple, I don't know where the photos are stored. Can you help me??

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You can burn through iPhoto, I even have Burn as an option in the toolbar :)

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

You can if there's enough room on the DVD.

The iPhoto library you see in photos from the finder is where the pictures are.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its a messy filesystem (thats why you have iPhoto) but to see the contents, right click the icon and hit Show Package Contents :)

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Stay out of the finder! Messing about in there is the surest, quickest way to corrupt and/or lose photos! Do as psychofreak said in the first post and burn from within the app. Or, if for some reason you don't want to do that, export your folders, etc. to the desktop and then burn from there using disk utility, Toast or similar. Just do yourself a favor and stay out of the finder.

7. Lannagifts macrumors newbie

Photo Library

I've been watching this thread as the file which the photos are actually located is also a problem for me. I use Parrels Desktop so I can use my graphic software in windows. If I want to insert a photo or open a photo that is in Iphoto I cant locate it.. I have read above and looked at users/ app/ library and various other combinations but the photos are a mystery to me to find.:confused:

8. snberk103 macrumors 603

Best Option.
    Yes. Stay out of the Finder.

---

There is another reason to do this through iPhoto. The photos you burn/export through iPhoto will have all of your edits. The photos you work with in Finder at the original photo files that you imported. The changes and edits you make in iPhoto are not applied to these images. The changes and edits you make are recorded by iPhoto in its database, and are only applied when iPhoto exports/burns the images. This is because iPhoto edits non-destructively. Which is a major positive feature, and not a bug.

9. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

For five years? That's a lot of watching. :D