Where are the Dems Balls???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Sep 9, 2008.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Are the Dems just going to lay there again this election and let the Reps piss all over them?? I am beginning to think so.

Where are the ads showing Palin saying the "Iraq war is a mission from God" statement and making her out to be a religious nut?

Where is the ad showing Palin pitching the "Hockey mom lipstick" joke juxtaposed with clips of war footage asking if this is who you want as the back-up commander in chief?

Where the F are the Democrats nuggets?
    Where are they spending all this money they say they have collected?
    Why do they think taking the high road is going to win this election?

Being president is about politics and responsibility
    BUT, getting elected is about popularity and the Democrats dont seem to get it.

The Dems are so screwed... :confused:

end of rant.

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I agree with the sentiment, if not all of your ideas.

I think Clinton should be the one attacking Palin. Her comments about 'the women of America are not finished yet' are terrible. Clinton could rip her about that without any of the normal nonsense about sexism etc.

The one thing you mentioned, which everyone except the people running the campaign can see, is the 'mission from God' comment.

They should also be on McCain's case, too. If they want to employ me, I would put together an advert that would blow him out of the water.

This election should be a foregone conclusion. I don't believe in dirty tactics in politics, but nothing dirty is needed. Quoting McCain and juxtaposing his own comments are enough to show that he is a liar. He doesn't have the temperament or the knowledge to run a country.

It would only take use of his own words to make him lose this election. In my opinion.

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I was reading elsewhere (maybe CNN.com?) this morning a piece about Palin's religious views that was clearly intended to be a hit piece, and it occurred to me: They don't get it. While strongly held religious beliefs are generally considered a sign of weakness for liberals, they're something that a large number of conservatives really appreciate in a candidate.

4. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Really all they need to do is get the last 1 minute of the Daily Show's Reformed Maverick bit and edit out the Brando animations and they've got a good ad.

Start at 3 minutes in.

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's something that the far right of the republican party like. They like the guns, the complete ban on abortion and the God fearing. Palin has already won their support. They would have never voted for Obama anyway.

Where it matters is the independents and swing voters.

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yep, that's the type of thing I'm talking about. You could make a much longer video with just his self-contradicting quotations. Then you could make one with all the silly things he's said about war. Even the bit where he admitted lying for 'all the wrong reasons' and because of ambition.

The man is disgusting, in my opinion. Not because he's a conservative, but because he has lied and his policies are that of a mad man. In my opinion, a vote for McCain is a vote for a war with Iran.

7. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

I think the Obama supporters are about to get a dose of what Hillary supporters got a month ago. They all thought she was a shoe in until this new guy came along...

HELLO OBAMA AND HIS SUPPORTERS!!...
    Please take the example of what happened to Hillary and grow some freekin' nads for cripes sake! AND DO IT NOW!!!

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

You have to remember two important details:

1. NEGATIVE CAMPAIGNING WORKS. It certainly made the difference in the 2004 campaign.

2. Obama has said he wants to avoid the kind of swiftboat negative campaigning the GOP has used and will continue to use. if that's the case, he'll have to run a very tight campaign and use every ounce of his personal charisma to defeat the GOP.

Palin has managed to rally the far right with unexpected ease. Now it's up to moderates and liberals to get off their butts and counteract that support by getting vocally behind the Obama campaign.

9. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

I think they were neutered. ;)

10. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Amazing stuff eh? :p

Bingo! I don't think Republicans are getting this. A lot of independents and even conservative Democrats are not against him because of his conservative views, but because he has done a 180 degree turn against everything he said.

Torture is bad, but is good. Easy conflict with iraq, but it sure is gonna be a tough one! :rolleyes:

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

No, Karl Rove ate them for breakfast sometime in 2000, unfortunately we have not found any volunteers to get them back.:p

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think they should leak as many stories on the GOP to the media as they can and let the media do the dirty work. That way, Obama can stick to the high road. Just an idea. Why not use the media in our favor?

13. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Won't work. The evidence this year so far is that no matter what the media will ignore the underdog and attack the leader to keep this election close. They'll only pound the negatives of the leader. Unless Obama is trailing McCain is immune, same goes for McCain, as long as he's trailing most of his gaffes get a pass.

It's all so sad...

We should have a debate on the issues every week (pick a single issue every week with a debate focused solely on that issue and what the candidates will do if they are elected) with Factcheck.org interrupting and correcting every lie, embellishment, half truth that either candidate utters. But of course that's too idealistic.

Instead will end up with the two candidates in a monkey cage flinging poo at each other... Election years make me feel so good.:rolleyes:

14. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

that is the point in all my posts in this thread ;)

15. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Okay, okay I guess I should have said castrated. :eek:

16. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Those on the far right might not have voted for Obama, but it is very possible that they wouldn't have voted at all without Palin.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Anybody see the Obama interview on Countdown last night? (Part 2 tonight.) Obama sounded hesitant to do anything more than repeat his lines about McCain voting with Obama 90% of the time, yada yada yada. From the tone of the questions, Keith Olbermann was inviting, practically begging Obama to get tougher, but Obama kept holding back.

Frankly, right now somebody needs to start getting royally pissed off. Biden and Clinton especially need to take on both that delicate little tundra blossom, Sarah Palin, and her mentor, "Sudden Change" McCain. And Obama needs to do more than repeat talking points like a broken record.

For better or worse, people in this country vote for somebody who looks like he's got a spine, and Obama and the Dems aren't looking that way right now.

18. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Some, possibly. I guess we wont really know. Surely a move for the independents would have been a better bet, instead of members of their own party.

Guess we'll see in the next little while.

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

not to this extent.
    she belongs to the same movement of religious zealots that was described in that infamous "jesus camp" documentary. scary stuff indeed.

i refuse to believe that a significant part of the american public would find acceptable that someone so obviously out of her rocker could become president.

20. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Hard to say. I don't think the republicans need to reach out much to the independents. I believe that Bush rallied the far right, as Palin is doing, and the GOP won the election because they rallied their core groups better than the Dems did with their core groups.

The Democratic party's biggest problem is that while they all agree that they disagree with the GOP, they don't have the tight, compact platform that the Republicans have.

If they want to rally liberals and moderates they need a concise, clear message that is positive. They won't beat the GOP on the platform of "We're not Republicans".

21. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

here you go

Attached Files:

22. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Dems always decide to take the high road, its why they lose, but its exactly what id rather do any day. Just like how i wouldnt fight dirty in a real fight, up until im really in danger

24. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Well, we're really in danger at the moment, mate.

25. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Indeed.

They might be only partially successful slapping a far-right label on McCain, but they might get a lot of traction if they started making the case that Palin is an extremist.