Where are the feminists?

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
So this biological male, who at this point only "identifies" as a girl, was allowed to join the Girls HS Track Team.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/04/11/state-modern-sports-boy-identifies-girl-boy-competes-girl-boy-wins-everything/

(Yes I know it is Breitbart, but that doesn't make it not true.)

From the article:

Oddly, Yearwood received permission to compete on the girls squad without taking any medical steps toward transition. Though, Yearwood plans on eventually taking puberty blockers and hormone treatments.
So where are the feminists on this issue? Here you have a person who is clearly a boy in every aspect except how he "feels" being allowed to compete on a girls team and possibly taking away titles from actual girls.

While I agree this might be different had he began transitioning, but this is not the case here. I think this is blatantly unfair to the other girls and don't understand why the feminists are not mad as hell.

Reactions: SnickterP

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
who knows? maybe they don't read the same sources as you like most sane people don't read that drivel.
Thank you. I used that link on purpose knowing some would dismiss the story based on the source. So here you go from some mainstream sources:

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/transgender-freshman-in-conn-competes-with-girls-track-team-for-first-time

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-hs-cromwell-track-andraya-yearwood-0407-20170406-story.html

Do the feminists read this drivel?

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
... (Yes I know it is Breitbart, but that doesn't make it not true.) ...
My only question is why you didn't just link to the Hartford Courant story, which is far more detailed in its coverage.

It would be the better source, plus you'd avoid all the Breitbart issues.
[doublepost=1492202911][/doublepost]
So where are the feminists on this issue? Here you have a person who is clearly a boy in every aspect except how he "feels" being allowed to compete on a girls team and possibly taking away titles from actual girls.

While I agree this might be different had he began transitioning, but this is not the case here. I think this is blatantly unfair to the other girls and don't understand why the feminists are not mad as hell.
How do you know how "the feminists" feel?

Have you seen a poll?

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Thank you. I used that link on purpose knowing some would dismiss the story based on the source. So here you go from some mainstream sources:

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/transgender-freshman-in-conn-competes-with-girls-track-team-for-first-time

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-hs-cromwell-track-andraya-yearwood-0407-20170406-story.html

My question is, why would they care? Feminists are all about equality and empowering women, apparently you think otherwise and feel that feminists should be outraged over this.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009

I only commented on your source but as otters have said after looking at your first source and all the pearl clutching that was going on there it is a conservative freakout not a feminist one.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
My only question is why you didn't just link to the Hartford Courant story, which is far more detailed in its coverage.

It would be the better source, plus you'd avoid all the Breitbart issues.
Because I knew someone would dismiss the story because of the source. And sure enough at least 2 did. If I had waited longer more would have.
[doublepost=1492203276][/doublepost]
My question is, why would they care? Feminists are all about equality and empowering women, apparently you think otherwise and feel that feminists should be outraged over this.
Because a boy is taking something that should rightfully belong to a girl.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Because I knew someone would dismiss the story because of the source. And sure enough at least 2 did. If I had waited longer more would have. ...
Entrapment. I get it.

But the second question remains unanswered ... how do you know how "the feminists" feel about this?

What's your source for that knowledge?

Reactions: arkitect

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
Well, considering how upset they get over a scientist's shirt, the way some men sit on the train, movie billboards showing a scene they dislike, jokes they dislike, casting the wrong person in movies, and so on...

... you'd think that FGM in their own back yard would be worthy of a mention, or a full-blown investigation into the issue.

The thing is, mainstream/prominent feminists say things like "equality" or "equal rights" but rarely is that reflected in the action, sadly.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Well, considering how upset they get over a scientist's shirt,
The thing is, mainstream/prominent feminists say things like "equality" or "equal rights" but rarely is that reflected in the action, sadly.
who is they? and I love how you think all feminists follow all the same news say the same thing are one united force. I guess kind of like conservatives are all the same right?

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
who is they? and I love how you think all feminists follow all the same news say the same thing are one united force.
Fair enough. Where are the ones that care about this? They can make a lot of noise, but all I hear is crickets.

Would anyone here be happy if their daughter was beaten by a boy who "feels" like a girl? But has taken no steps to begin the transition.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Fair enough. Where are the ones that care about this? They can make a lot of noise, but all I hear is crickets.

Would anyone here be happy if their daughter was beaten by a boy who "feels" like a girl? But has taken no steps to begin the transition.
dude I have no idea maybe they did not see it. maybe they are fine about it. maybe it needs to wait till their worldwide coven is convened. I know you think they should be as outraged as you are about it.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
Because I knew someone would dismiss the story because of the source. And sure enough at least 2 did. .
Didn't you get the memo? Everybody who uses such crap as Breitbart as his (only) source has to be dismissed, ridiculed and filled under sad troll....

Well I since you allready knew the reaction and just went for it, I'd say makes perfect sense.

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
who is they? and I love how you think all feminists follow all the same news say the same thing are one united force. I guess kind of like conservatives are all the same right?
"Who is they?" -- "mainstream/prominent feminists..." Like I said.

In any case, if only a large amount of feminist publications and prominent feminist icons do it, but not all people, then it doesn't make the cut? No Scotsmen to be found.

I know that there are about as many different kinds of "feminism" as there are "feminists" -- there's plenty that they can't agree upon. But then many feminists will imply they speak for all women, not just all feminists even.

It's such an utterly broken and dishonest movement. I can't believe I fell for it myself, though back then it wasn't quite so obvious.

Reactions: webbuzz

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
do away with "boys" & "girls" sports teams, make it based on skills . problem solved.
Well then there won't be any girls on teams that require physical strength.
Hmm. Problem solved, problem staying solved.
[doublepost=1492211124][/doublepost]
As a feminist - that is, a female, left voting feminists - and if I were from the US (which, thankfully, I am not) - I must admit that I would be far more concerned about the proposed cuts to Planned Parenthood than trivial nonsense such as the topic of this thread.
You're a female? Not that it makes a difference. I always figured you for a male.

Reactions: webbuzz and jkcerda