Where are the feminists?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Herdfan, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Herdfan macrumors 6502

So this biological male, who at this point only "identifies" as a girl, was allowed to join the Girls HS Track Team.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...s-girl-boy-competes-girl-boy-wins-everything/

(Yes I know it is Breitbart, but that doesn't make it not true.)

From the article:

So where are the feminists on this issue? Here you have a person who is clearly a boy in every aspect except how he "feels" being allowed to compete on a girls team and possibly taking away titles from actual girls.

While I agree this might be different had he began transitioning, but this is not the case here. I think this is blatantly unfair to the other girls and don't understand why the feminists are not mad as hell.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

do away with "boys" & "girls" sports teams, make it based on skills . problem solved.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Until no girls make the team.

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

tuff crap, equality FTW.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

who knows? maybe they don't read the same sources as you like most sane people don't read that drivel.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agreed.

However, in the interests of precision, I would amend your sentence to read that "most sane, educated, informed, rational people don't read that drivel".

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I leave the quality writing to others :D
    most likely she is too young to do anything medical.

8. eatrains macrumors regular

The root of feminism is a striving for equality between the sexes, so why would feminists care about this?

9. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

My only question is why you didn't just link to the Hartford Courant story, which is far more detailed in its coverage.

It would be the better source, plus you'd avoid all the Breitbart issues.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2017 ---
    How do you know how "the feminists" feel?

Have you seen a poll?

11. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

My question is, why would they care? Feminists are all about equality and empowering women, apparently you think otherwise and feel that feminists should be outraged over this.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I only commented on your source but as otters have said after looking at your first source and all the pearl clutching that was going on there it is a conservative freakout not a feminist one.

13. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I knew someone would dismiss the story because of the source. And sure enough at least 2 did. If I had waited longer more would have.
    Because a boy is taking something that should rightfully belong to a girl.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Entrapment. I get it.

But the second question remains unanswered ... how do you know how "the feminists" feel about this?

What's your source for that knowledge?

15. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

cooties?[​IMG]
    if a "girl" wants something she better plan on EARNING it.

16. BeeGood, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017

BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

18. Altis macrumors 68020

Well, considering how upset they get over a scientist's shirt, the way some men sit on the train, movie billboards showing a scene they dislike, jokes they dislike, casting the wrong person in movies, and so on...

... you'd think that FGM in their own back yard would be worthy of a mention, or a full-blown investigation into the issue.

The thing is, mainstream/prominent feminists say things like "equality" or "equal rights" but rarely is that reflected in the action, sadly.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

who is they? and I love how you think all feminists follow all the same news say the same thing are one united force. I guess kind of like conservatives are all the same right?

20. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Fair enough. Where are the ones that care about this? They can make a lot of noise, but all I hear is crickets.

Would anyone here be happy if their daughter was beaten by a boy who "feels" like a girl? But has taken no steps to begin the transition.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

dude I have no idea maybe they did not see it. maybe they are fine about it. maybe it needs to wait till their worldwide coven is convened. I know you think they should be as outraged as you are about it.

22. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Didn't you get the memo? Everybody who uses such crap as Breitbart as his (only) source has to be dismissed, ridiculed and filled under sad troll....

Well I since you allready knew the reaction and just went for it, I'd say makes perfect sense.

23. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As a feminist - that is, a female, left voting feminists - and if I were from the US (which, thankfully, I am not) - I must admit that I would be far more concerned about the proposed cuts to Planned Parenthood than trivial nonsense such as the topic of this thread.

24. Altis macrumors 68020

"Who is they?" -- "mainstream/prominent feminists..." Like I said.

In any case, if only a large amount of feminist publications and prominent feminist icons do it, but not all people, then it doesn't make the cut? No Scotsmen to be found.

I know that there are about as many different kinds of "feminism" as there are "feminists" -- there's plenty that they can't agree upon. But then many feminists will imply they speak for all women, not just all feminists even.

It's such an utterly broken and dishonest movement. I can't believe I fell for it myself, though back then it wasn't quite so obvious.

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well then there won't be any girls on teams that require physical strength.
    Hmm. Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    You're a female? Not that it makes a difference. I always figured you for a male.