Where are the iPhone 5 TV ads?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevo505, Sep 20, 2012.

1. stevo505 macrumors member

I haven't seen a single TV spot for the iPhone 5 yet. Don't they want to advertise their product? When will they start appearing?

2. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

3. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

The phone isn't even out yet.. Chill. And it's not like they need ads. 2 million sales in 24 hours doesn't exactly scream at the fact that they need to have a commercial on this soon. Clearly many people are aware of the iPhone 5's existence

4. scootaru macrumors 6502

No need to advertise when shipping estimates are 3-4 weeks out.

5. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Do you really think Apple needs to spend revenue for Media Buying in advance for a phone that literally almost the whole world knows about? The national coverage/documentation of lines forming, a few million pre-orders made on a Thursday at midnight, etc. Why spend money when the entire world is doing the marketing for you and building the hype? Commercials will come later. The hype is already beyond it's expectations.

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I think others are already doing their advertising for them.

7. MrSpanks macrumors member

8. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Don't kid yourself. Those of us on sites like this are in a very small minority. Go ask 100 random people on the street if they know the iphone 5 is out tomorrow and i guarantee you it will be under 20%. Of course Apple needs to spend on advertising and they spend tons.

9. rsnc macrumors regular

they never usually advertise until its actually in stores

10. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Try reading my post thoroughly. I clearly state that commercials will come later. Secondly, I manage a Commercial real estate firm that owns 18 buildings. In the past week I have visited 8 of those and doing face to face meet and greets and the iphone 5 came up more often than you would think from dozens of tenants. Surprisingly most of them were in their late 30's, 40's and 50's. It's office chatter in a lot of my buildings. Maybe it's an Austin, TX thing since Apple is opening up a corporate campus here soon.

11. pragmatous macrumors 65816

My delivery date is october 19th-25th :(

12. scootaru macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that. You could always hit up an Apple store or one of your carrier's stores early in the morning to get one and then cancel your pre-order.

13. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

14. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I can't cancel the pre-order. It says it shipped o_O