*Where* are you planning to buy the iPad 3 from?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttacka, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Where will you buy the iPad 3 from

Poll closed Mar 11, 2012.
  1. Apple Store

40.0%
  2. Non-Apple Store

18.0%
  3. Online

42.0%
  1. MacAttacka, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

MacAttacka macrumors 6502

Last year I walked into my local HMV store an hour before the 5pm launch of the iPad 2. I was 3rd or 4th in a line of about 10 and I picked up an iPad 2 (the SKU i wanted) without a problem. I also collected store card reward points.

Meanwhile a few hundred meters away thousands of people had been queuing for days outside the Apple Store with their tents and fold up stools. The next day being Saturday, I was in town and lo and behold, quite a few of Apple re-salers had plenty of available iPad 2 stock. I almost picked up a second one. Meanwhile the queue outside the Apple store had got a little shorter but people who had been there for days were still there.

So my question, those who are planning to buy the iPad 3 on or close to launch day, where are you planning to pick one up?

2. maclook macrumors 65816

I want to try another retailer this year after waiting in line at the Apple Store last year. The Best Buy already had a full line when I got there so I had to resort to the Apple Store. I started looking after 5pm though so it was my fault. I wouldn't mind going to a Best Buy at like 4:00pm and waiting an hour instead of 3 hours at the Apple Store.

3. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Apple Store in Tokyo ... Because its part of the fun when getting the new device ... It's interessting to see the different people there waiting

4. kolax macrumors G3

If they had an Apple Store in Edinburgh, I would buy it from there. But probably get it from John Lewis when they finally get stock.

5. Taylor-C macrumors 6502a

Buying from Apple Online (UK)... Bought the iPad 2 from a local PC World - never doing that again!

Hopefully they will offer Pre-Orders so everybody that orders theirs online will still get them on launch day! - But I doubt they will...

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Apple online as I did with my iPad 1 and even had it home a day before launch.

7. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Queued up for an apple product for the first time in October (4S) and loved it.
    Queueing up really adds to the excitement of the day, I recconmend it to everyone :)

8. Philthy84 macrumors member

I would prefer to purchase from my local Apple Store, since I feel the waiting/lining experience would be more entertaining there.

But I have a bunch of Best Buy gift cards and reward points that I've been saving to use. So I'll be trying my luck with them for my first iPad purchase. I hope to way away with a the largest GB Wifi version.

9. Trav29 macrumors member

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My Apple Store is in a mall so people can't camp out until the mall opens on launch day. I'll get there early in the morning, run, and be first in line. Probably get interviewed by the local news like last time too. Lol

11. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

12. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

:p

Attached Files:

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My local Apple store carries a large inventory.

Just walk in and buy one.

That's what I did, and will do again this year.

14. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

After spending 12 hours at the mall for the iPhone 4 launch, I don't know if I can do that ever again. Granted I didn't have a reserved time, so that hurt.

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I want to order online, but we'll see what apple says next week about availability..

16. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

Mostly online, Oregon does not have sales tax, there is always queue in the store folks from other states and even all the way from Canada.

17. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

To me, it seems like the good old days of queuing up for launches is pretty pointless unless you are going for the social side of things. I understand its all part of the fun these days though. I will order off the Apple website with my student discount.

18. Trav29 macrumors member

Pretty sure there isn't a student discount for iPads.

19. VinceDae macrumors regular

20. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well, since I have over $500 in gift cards for best buy, that's where I'll be on launch day.

21. Emoo macrumors regular

Best Buy. There's no Apple Store in CStat. Also I prefer ADH with mobile products like phones, laptops, and iPads, which so far Apple Care doesn't offer for an iPad.

22. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah mate, I get £16 off when I log onto my Uni's wi-fi ;)

23. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

24. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I plan to get one at the Apple Store although earning Best Buy Rewards and 18 months no interest would be nice.

I have $464.26 on my Paypal Debit Card from the sale of my iPad 2, so it really doesn't matter where I buy it from. I want the red smart cover which can only be purchased through Apple.

25. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Hopefully Best Buy. I prefer the Apple store, as they always have more stock which means greater availability. However I have $300 in gift cards to Best Buy I acquired this past Christmas, and they will come in handy for this launch. Just hoping they have adequate stock for this launch. Surprisingly the Apple Store in The Woodlands Mall sent me to Best Buy when they were out of stock, and I was able to walk out with a 32GB AT&T White in less than 5 minutes.