Where can I buy an officially, factory unlocked iPhone online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by verybluebanana, Jul 4, 2009.

1. verybluebanana macrumors newbie

I would like to buy an officially unlocked iPhone online, for delivery to the UK. I recognise eBay as a place for this kind of thing but I don't really like eBay.

I was wondering if there were any online stores selling factory unlocked iPhones.

Many thanks

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

3. /b/ macrumors member

They're sold here in my Country. I can help you get it, but it's not going to be cheap. I reckon you go for a locked unit from your country and then Ultrasn0w it.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Will they deliver to other countries, though? I thought they only shipped unlocked to unlocked countries.

Oh, and if they will, it's a damn good deal. The price of the 32 GB is only US$829 with the current exchange rate. That's only $130 more than the unsubsidized price here. Assuming you could get it here without paying custom fees out the butt. ;)

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'd imagine that would be the case. You would need someone with an Aussie address to pull this off.

If someone cares to shout me a 3GS, I may provide this service (kidding). I hope this doesn't get me spammed

6. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Hmmm, I happen to know someone in Oz. I may keep that in mind for next year's version. :p

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Just pray you never need to have it replaced. I highly doubt the replacement you'd get from the Apple Store down the street would unlocked as well ... ;)

8. verybluebanana thread starter macrumors newbie

I found www.wewantonenow.com which seems reasonably priced. I think it belongs to a member of this forum. I'm just checking! :D

9. SeanC1966 macrumors newbie

Play sell them. £899.99 for the 32Gb 3GS down to £529.99 for the 8Gb 3G.

Expensive.

10. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

expensive? more like flat out robbery.

about $1255 for a 32 GB 3GS, plus shipping? That's just ridiculous. That's about two locked 3GS's without a contract....

11. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

You wouldn't be able to get it replaced in the u.s or canada or anywhere except Australia.... Apples replacement policy clearly states that they will only warranty phones in the country they were originally purchased in...

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Its so stupidly easy to unlock anyways.

13. dave006 Contributor

dave006

First they are only available to customers that have a valid Australian address (you can't change the "Country" in the address field.

Second, you don't have a warrany here in the US or any other country besides Australia.. Apple bases their warranty on the Part Number and if you get a part number from Australia you can only get warranty service there.

Dave