Where can I get a 2011 MBP 17" antiglare for the cheapest price?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calviin, Jul 1, 2011.

1. calviin macrumors regular

2. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

3. calviin thread starter macrumors regular

4. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

It depends on what state you live in.

5. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

I briefly compared the price of a 2011 17" MacBook Pro on MacMall, the Apple online store, and on the Apple refurb store. If you buy a refurb from Apple it is about $390 cheaper than a new one from MacMall or the Apple online store (including 5% tax). I bought my MBP refurbished and I love it. You're essentially getting a brand new computer with a one year warranty for %15 off regular price.

6. kowalabearhugs macrumors newbie

kowalabearhugs

There is no sales tax in Delaware, Oregon, or New Hampshire. Alaska and Montana have no state sales tax, but many local municipalities can impose taxes

If you're a student/teacher or if a member of your family is employed by the government you can get a substantial discount.

7. calviin thread starter macrumors regular

Oh. Sorry for not clarifying. I live in California so our tax is anywhere from 8-9%. I also get the student discount but even then, the 17 in is $2590 or so. I was wondering if there were a few places that were slightly cheaper or had a Fourth of July discount or something with no tax.

8. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Can you drive up to Oregon? Best buy is having all Apple products on sale plus you paid no tax in Oregon!

9. stevenpa macrumors 6502

Apple Employee Discount is your best bet if you can find somebody...