Where can I get GarageBand 6?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Foxer, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I bought a new Mac and I wanted to put the old (6.0.5) version of GarageBand on the machine (I need it for podcast recording). It doesn't appear to be on the Apple support pages anymore. Any thoughts on where I might be able to get it?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

There isn't a way you can get it from Apple any more. It's EOL/practically abandonware, so you might as well set starboard sail to the 'Bay and see what's what. I'll PM you a link too. Yahar!

Once you've installed that, you can get the extra content by downloading this: swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/43/39/061-5890/y2FxthySsyd2PSt3zfZ4mz3XkbqdGZPDZc/GarageBandExtraContent.tar

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

If you can't get it "Apple's way", there are "other ways".

Whether those are paths you wish to trod… is up to you.

4. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Have you double-checked you don't have it in your purchased list in the App Store? I have GB 6.0.5 listed in addition to the newer version.

Also send feedback to Apple that you want your features back! It only takes a minute or two, and if everyone did that more often Apple would bring more features back, they do actually pay attention when a lot of people mention something.