Where can I get Nike basketball shoes on sale? (KDs)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AutoUnion39, Jan 2, 2014.

1. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I've bought a few pairs of Jordans and Kobes over the years, but they were always on sale.

I've been eyeing the new Kevin Durants for the last few months. No one has them. I've been checking all the local Nike and Nike Outlet stores. Always full price. If I paid the $130 list price for these, I know I'd be too careful with them and never wear them.

[​IMG]

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

If they're sold out they could be limited run shoes, which would make them worth more now.

----------

Looks like these are available:

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/kd-vi-basketball-shoe/pid-773202/pgid-726946

3. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I like those too! Thanks!

Any suggestions on where I can find them for cheaper? I'm not very picky. I want KD VIs that aren't in some crazy pink/yellow/etc color scheme.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

That's it. Nike offers coupons too though. Think there are a few $10-$20 codes out.

5. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

6. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Can you share any hookups? :D

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Try getting Nike Metcon 1's. It's like trying to win the lottery.

8. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Yeah. They're the Nike Crossfit shoe, essentially.

Crossfit has an exclusive deal with Reebok. Most professionals I have talked to have suggested Nike and New Balance are superior to Reebok for most applications. Now that Nike is the Crossfit game, the shoes are flying off the shelves so fast Nike can't do anything about it.

10. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Hmmm, interesting.

When has Nike not been superior to Reebok in ANY application? :)

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Reebok really isn't an entity anymore. After they lost the NFL contract, Adidas has since managed to repurpose Reebok into a fitness brand. Problem is, Reebok as a brand is losing Adidas an insane amount of money per year. Crossfit is the only thing keeping Reebok relevant at the moment.

Nike and Adidas are iOS and Android at this point with Under Armor the only other big player in the US market. My wife prefers Adidas, but I have always been a Nike enthusiast myself.

12. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Yeah, I can't think of a single shoe from Reebok that I've ever wanted or such. The whole Reebok Crossfit thing has become pretty popular. We have one in Boston, but I've seen them in NYC too. I'm sure they'd be even more successful if they used a more "powerful" brand name, like Nike or Adidas. Hell, even Puma.

I agree with this. All my sneakers are Nike. Always have been. I've tried Adidas/New Balance/Puma, etc a few times, but always come back to Nike.

I don't get the hoopla over UA. The shoes are hideous, especially the basketball shoes. I know they used to be popular a few years ago for their compression stuff, but Nike makes them too...

----------

And back on topic... turns out one of my first cousins works for Nike in Beaverton. Go figure, it just happens to be the one that I'm not very close to. :D