Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbnong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I'm sad that Apple decided to stop making the 17" Macbook Pro because I'd been planning to get one for such a long time. The new 15" MBP with Retina is impressive, but for me, it's no more useful. Having a 17" display is one of my most "wanted" features in a laptop, so I think I will still look to buy the current 17" model. Being new to Apple laptops and products though, I'm not sure where (which vendor) I should go to find the cheapest prices. Can you guys suggest?

Ebay? MacMall? etc?

Also, would it be good to buy it soon? Or should I wait to see if the price drops in the coming months or weeks since it's not the newest line anymore?

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
I'm sad that Apple decided to stop making the 17" Macbook Pro because I'd been planning to get one for such a long time. The new 15" MBP with Retina is impressive, but for me, it's no more useful. Having a 17" display is one of my most "wanted" features in a laptop, so I think I will still look to buy the current 17" model. Being new to Apple laptops and products though, I'm not sure where (which vendor) I should go to find the cheapest prices. Can you guys suggest?

Ebay? MacMall? etc?

Also, would it be good to buy it soon? Or should I wait to see if the price drops in the coming months or weeks since it's not the newest line anymore?

eBay now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Apple-M...89566041?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item2c65fbdd59

Might come down $100-$300 in a few months, but I think it's safe to purchase at that price. They'll hold their value for awhile.

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Early 2011 base model refurb with antiglare screen is now $1899 down from $1999. What's crazy is that the antiglare is $50 cheaper than the glossy ($1949), whereas it used to be $50 more expensive. For whatever reason, the price of the base glossy has not been lowered, yet.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/G0M36LL/A

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.