Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oats

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
New York
Where can I get the newest Mail app from Apple? Is it available as a download or update? I am currently running Mail 1.2.5 I believe. Is there anything newer? Sometimes it behaves funny.

Jeewhizz

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2003
London, UK
Oats said:
Where can I get the newest Mail app from Apple? Is it available as a download or update? I am currently running Mail 1.2.5 I believe. Is there anything newer? Sometimes it behaves funny.

I'm running 1.3.7 on Panther 10.3.3.

Have you tried using software update?

Jee

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Are you running Jaguar? I think the Jaguar and Panther versions are different. I've got 1.3.7 on 10.3.3. If there is an update to your version it will be in Software Update.

Assuming you do have the latest version, you'll have to fix or cope with what you've got. How does it behave funny?

Oats

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
New York
Horrortaxi said:
Are you running Jaguar? I think the Jaguar and Panther versions are different. I've got 1.3.7 on 10.3.3. If there is an update to your version it will be in Software Update.

Assuming you do have the latest version, you'll have to fix or cope with what you've got. How does it behave funny?

I am using OSX 10.2. I havent tried software update. I have a 56k at home, so I like to download updates when I am at work.

Acting funny like sometimes I will click on a folder that I know has something in it, and it wont display what is there. I have to open a different folder, and then go back to the original one. Also frequently when checking >1 account at once, account #1 will be downloading a rather large file, and my other account will be "frozen" until account #1 can move on. Seems strange that one would work to the exclusion of the other.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you are running Jaguar you cannot get the Panther version. Mail.app is not a stand alone application. It is not available for download. If you want a newer version you need to buy Panther.

Sorry!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.