Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Apple won't let me because they said it will upgrade your contract another 2 years?

Say for example I have an upgrade now but I do not want to use it on the 4S. So instead I want to pay FULL pricing without upgrading my contract.

Where can I pay that ?

Iron Chef

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Apple won't let me because they said it will upgrade your contract another 2 years?

Say for example I have an upgrade now but I do not want to use it on the 4S. So instead I want to pay FULL pricing without upgrading my contract.

Where can I pay that ?

Craigslist and eBay. Its pretty common for people to use their upgrades just to buy the phone without any intention of using it. They know they can make a huge profit by selling it for the non-subsidized price. I know some people are already listing theirs on eBay and promise they will ship it the day they receive it themselves.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Currently, I used my upgrade and my next one is May 8, 2013.

Say the iPhone 5 or 6 releases June 23, 2012.

Can I walk into AT&T, pay 650$ and walk out with the 5 and my contract stays exactly the same? Nothing will happen in terms with my upgrade or anything correct?

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Currently, I used my upgrade and my next one is May 8, 2013.

Say the iPhone 5 or 6 releases June 23, 2012.

Can I walk into AT&T, pay 650$ and walk out with the 5 and my contract stays exactly the same? Nothing will happen in terms with my upgrade or anything correct?

You are correct. (assuming the ip5 costs $650 retail)

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country

Where can I pay that ?

Have to wait until the launch date and see if they are allowing phones to be sold at no commitment price. Depends on how many they ship to stores.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Have to wait until the launch date and see if they are allowing phones to be sold at no commitment price. Depends on how many they ship to stores.

Yeah I know, it would probably be a few weeks after the 5 releases. Or if they sell it unlocked, I buy it unlocked then pop my AT&T sim card in, correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.