Where can one buy applecare+ online?

Generik777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone know where this can be bought online? Amazon has applecare but not applecare+. Same with ebay.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
800-275-2273 (AppleCare +)

Apple will sell you this only (1) within 30 days of purchase (2) If you bought it from Apple online or another retailer, and you are 50 miles or further from an Apple store you can buy it via the phone number I gave you above. Other wise you will have to bring it into an Apple store within 30 days of purchase. Amazon/Ebay/BestBuy/Phone Carriers will not sell you this applecare +

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
Really, If I were to accidentally drop and smash my phone up apple will just give me new one for free?
you don't have to pay a delectable?
you get OOW replacement....it's referbished, as are the apple care replacements.

do your own research tho.. this was true as of a year ago

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Really, If I were to accidentally drop and smash my phone up apple will just give me new one for free?
Nope, but you won't pay full retail either. It's $229 without Applecare+

$99 for AC+ PLUS $49 (if you drop it) otherwise.

They used to not charge the $229 a lot, but now unless you have AC+ it's very rare.

If you drop your phone, AC+ is worthwhile. They will need to inspect it before they add it for you if you didn't buy it at purchase. The only exception would be if they determine you are too far from an Apple store to do so.

Generik777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010

They used to not charge the $229 a lot, but now unless you have AC+ it's very rare.

If you drop your phone, AC+ is worthwhile. They will need to inspect it before they add it for you if you didn't buy it at purchase. The only exception would be if they determine you are too far from an Apple store to do so.
Thanks, very helpful.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
Yup phone buyer of AppleCare+. Normally I don't buy warranties but I bought the 64 gig model and I would rather have extra insurance to my phone. Plus I want to bring it in when my battery sucks and ill bring it in again and pay $49 to get a replacement when I am near by 2 yr.

Also I'm running caseless, hence another reason to buy AppleCare.

----------

Its weird I got it on the phone and I asked them if I had to brin it in and they said that try are not requiring bringing in the phone in. Beats me.

----------

U gotta pay $49 fee but yeah u have two accidental damage incidents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.