Where did my twitter app go?

FrankieDplus3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Hi,
Yesterday, I had twitter on my iPhone 4S home screen. Today, I do not? I don't remember deleting it, but, it's gone.

This has happened to me, in error, with other apps/games, but, I have always been able to go to the App Store and find the app/game "not on this phone" and "install" it. However, in the case of twitter, when I go to the App store, it says that the app is "installed". But, it is not.

I've connected my phone to my PC and iTunes and tried dragging the app over to my phone, but, I haven't been successful. So, I tried deleting the app from my iTunes account and then tried to install it again. Still no success.

Does anyone know where my app went, or how I get it back?

Thanks!

FrankieDplus3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
That worked a bit, I think. When I "search" my iPhone, twitter appears in the search results; when I click on it, the app opens up.

So, does anyone know how I get the icon back?

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
thats weird, try holding down the home and power button simultaneously until the phone turns off, then turn back on

FrankieDplus3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Turning the phone off and back on didn't bring the icon back.

What I did, was hook my phone back up to iTunes, then navigated to my phone's App summary page (where you can manually arrange your home screen icons and apps). I dragged twitter over to the home page, the phone synced and all looks good now.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Found this suggestion on another forum

Originally Posted by Aidan
Tried both of those suggestions, still can't find it.
Hmmmm ........

Go to Settings/General/Usage. Wait for applications to populate the list.

See if pandora is there. If it is swipe right on it then delete it.

If it isn't on the list post back here and we will nuke it in itunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.