where do u guys get your desktop images?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I used to get mine from http://www.macdesktops.com....however they have been down for a while and I can't find much I like on the net otherwise.

I would love to get a nice desktop with Frank Sinatra on it....so if anyone happens to have one and wouldn't mind sharing I'd be grateful...

if not....any leads on some good sites would be appreciated! :p

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Apple defaults/plain colors.

I might seem boring, or seem like a "square", but I can't stand fancy background images underneath items on my desktop.

For me the apple default patterns and plain colors works just fine. I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for. Sorry. :)

Matthew

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
mac15 - no, there are no specific Mac or Windows desktops. They are just picture files, and you can set pretty much any picture you see on the Internet as you desktop picture.

Where do I go? I go nowhere. I make my own. It's fun. I love Photoshop :D

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
My current Desktop pic is a picture of my room that I made in Maya. Usually though, I like to vary it up with pics from all over the internet that I like...either from Movies, or music, or mac ones.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: where do u guys get your desktop images?

Originally posted by eyelikeart
I used to get mine from http://www.macdesktops.com....however they have been down for a while and I can't find much I like on the net otherwise.

I would love to get a nice desktop with Frank Sinatra on it....so if anyone happens to have one and wouldn't mind sharing I'd be grateful...

if not....any leads on some good sites would be appreciated! :p
I know they had one on MacDesktops, but since it's gone, there's one on ResExcellence, just search for the term Sinatra...it's holiday related, but oh well.

Gotta love Old Blue Eyes!

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Homemade

What i really like to do is put up a background photo I like of something personal. Not necessarily a picture of the family, but even a cool shot that I got, or someone I know took. It makes it all the more personal, and I like that.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
The Rat Pack!

Frank....Sammy.....Dean.....

thanks so much....everyone for giving me advice on where to look...

I found what I wanted on resexcellence.com....

thanks for the suggestion cleo & Rower_CPU!! :p

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Do you think I bought a $3.000 worth of equipment, $65.000 in multimedia education and hours spended is hacked software to download picture for my desktop?

I make my own desktop pictures. I'm a creative person that is why I own a Mac.:cool:

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by mymemory
Do you think I bought a $3.000 worth of equipment, $65.000 in multimedia education and hours spended is hacked software to download picture for my desktop?

I make my own desktop pictures. I'm a creative person that is why I own a Mac.:cool:
I don't think that's really relevant here.....I can not make my own picture of Frank Sinatra....

and if we want to compare what we do here:
I'm a full-time production artsit for a print company, I do freelance design on the side, I write, I guess I could call myself a freelance photographer as well...

creativity....yes....but time is something I don't have much of....

I bought a $3500 laptop last year....as well as have a graphic design education that I'm paying for....what the cost of all of this having to do with a desktop image is beyond me....so if we're going to have a pissing contest then so be it...

3G4N

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2002
3rd star to the right
Photoshop is your friend

Mix & Match Collage of found digital pieces off the internet,
also from my dvcamera, old scaned photos, and such...

Then give myself 30min, or an hour of exploration to come
up with something aesthetically pleasing, visually interesting...

I like the natural sciences, so fishing in .edu waters
occasionally produces gems like this...
http://remf.dartmouth.edu/images/insectPart1SEM/

-3NJoY

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.