Where do you score on the Political Compass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I feel this is a better test of where people stand than " left vs right "

This is a base chart to go by

Mine is

Economic Left/Right: -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

With graph attached. When you post, save the image and upload. The site does not save graphs nor will it let you link to them.

Attachments

Last edited:

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I feel this is a better test of where people stand than " left vs right "

This is a base chart to go by

Mine is

Economic Left/Right: -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

With graph attached.
Here is mine:

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

Kinda surprised to be Obama placed so far into right. I thought he'd be much closer to center.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Here is mine:

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

Kinda surprised to be Obama placed so far into right. I thought he'd be much closer to center.
Nice!

Well, this website goes off world politics, not just American ones. Even the most left wing American mainstream politics tend to be either on the center or the right. And as far as the American right goes, its very very much to the right.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Nice!

Well, this website goes off world politics, not just American ones. Even the most left wing American mainstream politics tend to be either on the center or the right. And as far as the American right goes, its very very much to the right.
I wish I were more authoritarian, damn my liberal free thiking :mad:

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I wish I were more authoritarian, damn my liberal free thiking :mad:
Yeah, I'm disappointed by my 'libertarianism'. I usually end up as Joe Stalin in these things. I blame the lack of questions about state ownership of industry and resources; I had to make do with asking for greater regulation of the so-called free market.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

And to think, back in the 1970's people considered me boringly in the middle, and, my views haven't changed much. The world has sure changed. I continue to be amazed that Barack Obama is considered Left/Liberal by anyone.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Yeah, I'm disappointed by my 'libertarianism'. I usually end up as Joe Stalin in these things. I blame the lack of questions about state ownership of industry and resources; I had to make do with asking for greater regulation of the so-called free market.

Yeah.

It's not a perfect test, but I find this way more thought out than the typical " left vs right wing " tests you normally see. Its much better thought out as well.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
I agree but I thought he'd be closer to the center, and not so far into right very close to Romney.
By American standards, yes.

But this is world standards, and America is the most right wing nation in the developed world, so its to be expected.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
By American standards, yes.

But this is world standards, and America is the most right wing nation in the developed world, so its to be expected.
I guess, kinda shows how American politics is stuck in the early 1900s

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I'm too lazy to take a screenshot and upload, but I scored pretty much in the dead center of the green box.

This is a good thread though. Goes to show why I laugh every time I hear republicans try to call Obama "left", "liberal", or whatever. Policy wise, he's pretty much a Republican (at least, a Republican before they went ******* insane the last 8 years or so).

I'd love to see a political scientist do a study comparing candidate Obama on the political spectrum to President Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.