Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
We all know Android is moving to Material You design and Samsung's One UI.

Windows is moving to fluid design. Windows Vista and Windows 7 using Aero seem outdated and Microsoft is moving to fluid design. As the Aero design and metro design seems outaded.

Well windows seem to be going with fluid design.

how-to-enable-the-new-start-menu-in-windows-10-preview-builds-530470-2.jpg

Windows-10-20H2-October-Update-Redesigned-Taskbar-Start-Menu-More-1.jpg

Apple seems stuck with iOS 7/Yosemite design.

So where do you think in coming years iOS, iPadOS and MacOS may look like if you where to speculate? What design may they use?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Call me crazy but I don't really get this type of thing. People aren't complaining that the Mona Lisa is outdated and needs to be re-done. Monterey and iOS/iPadOS 15 all look perfectly fine

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Call me crazy but I don't really get this type of thing. People aren't complaining that the Mona Lisa is outdated and needs to be re-done. Monterey and iOS/iPadOS 15 all look perfectly fine

I think in two or three years things will change. Apple is still bringing out pro features and refining the iPad. But I believe in two or three years from now Apple will bring out new look.

I think Apple would of done it aways but with Microsoft and Android that have already done a revamp and many Linux distros going minimalism and flat look and softer colors and website changing it matter of time before Apple does it.

There has not been update going back to the iOS 7/Yosemite design.

Android like Samsung phones and Samsung tablets started of with TouchWiz.

Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Review-Screens-001.jpg

Than Samsung and Google moved away from that look.

Now it is Material You design and Samsung's One UI.

I know there is lot of programers here and designers so we can only speculate what the deign may be sense it is going to be proprietary deign.

Some designers say software and OS may switch to neumorphism deign soon.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
In some ways Apple may switch to neumorphism deign.

Base on neumorphism icons with Big sure.

0e002731-9546-49bd-a097-4f65e7e0e251-4-up-icons-improved.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.