Where does Mac OS X store icons/ I want the icons of shared computers, etc.in finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by I'm a Mac, Jan 1, 2009.

1. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone knew where Mac OS X stored icons especially the ones of apple products because I'm really curious to see all the different icons of different apple products such as the ones that show up for shared computers, or all the different types of ipods mac os x still recognizes.

2. Mercellus macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Should be in /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle I believe.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

That's funny because it has the bundle icon with the office logo- would it be possible to open this bundle just to see what's inside without messing things up?

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

In Finder go to /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle Ctrl+click and select Show Package Contents. The icons are in Resources.

6. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you. So I had a look inside the bundle and I found every single mac (with every screen size) from the powermac g4 to the imac aluminum but interestingly enough no new aluminum macbooks, even though they still show up as the right icon in shared computers. Also, the only ipod there is the first gen touch and the iPhone icon is also first gen- maybe the itunes icons are stored in an iTunes resource?

7. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know where I can find the rest of the iPod icons that appear when you sync your iPod in iTunes or when the iPod is in disk mode?