Where has your Apple Computer Been in the world???

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
i'm just about to go off for a month to USA and NZ and my trusty Mac (iBook at mo) will be going with me -

so

anyone here got any weird places where they have taken there Mac?? ie North Pole/top of Everest stuff like that

thinking about it i bought my iBook to take everywhere but in fact i have not taken it out of the house that much ?? weird !

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
I bought my iBook for my time in the Peace Corps, so it lived in Siberia as long as I did (1.5 years) until the RF government figured out I was a spy. It's also travelled across Europe. It did fine on fluctuating current, survived cold weather and suspensionless bus rides, and is still going strong after 3.5 years. I'm just about to pack it up and take it to school, in fact.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
virividox said:
i take it wheerever i go :) cept he bathroom hehe
i often take my Book to the Loo lol surfing ebay wile on the Crapper is a wonderfull thing lol .....just do not use it in the shower !

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I'v taken my pb everywhere in the city with me, I don't often travel with it though unless I need to.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
My powerbook has been to Boston, New York, San Fransico, Eureka CA, Lake Tahoe, London, Paris(inculding disney land!), Prague, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and all over the UK really.

I wish It took me along!!! :p

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
my powerbook has been to:

Netherlands (that's where it lives)
USA (primarily boston area)
Belgium
Germany
France
Switzerland
Indonesia
Singapore (only in the airport, for the free internet access

That's it I think.

It rarely leaves my desk now, because I'd have to drag around a seperate monitor with it!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
New York (Connecticut, Long Island)
Miami
Caracas - Venezuela
Margarita Island - Venezuela
Hannover - Germany
Brandenburg - Germany

matthutch

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Perth, Western Australia
Hong Kong > All over the UK > France > Switzerland > Italy > Germany > Austria > France again > London > New York > LA > Sydney, Australia > Perth, Australia.
Perth > Hong Kong (new logic board put in here) > Perth

plus all around perth.

EDIT:

And my G5 has gone from Hong Kong > Perth

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
My current Albook has only lived with me here in Hawaii and gone on trips to San Francisco, Cedar Rapids, and Dallas, TX. Ahh, but my old Tibook came with me to Australia, New Zealand, Kadavu (Fiji), New Britain Island (Papua New Guinea) and all over the US.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Various places in Europe - Germany/Netherlands/Spain/France - and several places in the UK. Basically, if I'm going to be away for 3-4 days and likely to have to spend time in a hotel room on my own with just a TV set for company, then my Powerbook's going with me - particularly if I know there's likely to be free/cheap hi-speed access.

It's also been used in San Francisco, Houston, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Green Bay, St Louis and various points in between. Perhaps we should treat them like the old travelling trunks and get 'visitor' stickers... :p

The most fun place I've had it was at SBC Park in San Francisco this year. My hotel room was being changed so I wasn't comfortable leaving it at the hotel so it ended up coming to the ballpark with me where I discovered they had wifi access. I had a lot of fun emailing friends stuck back home between innings. :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Mine has been across the US and Europe, as well as South America. It's held up well, despite various bus rides, security checks, and cab rides.

Although the most dangerous place continues to be my house with a 4 year old and a 15 month old around...

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I've only dragged my iBook locally around Bergen (except for a couple of trips to Høyanger, about 3 hours from Bergen by car and ferry). So except for the iBooks trip from Taiwan, through Luxembourg and Holland to Norway when I bougth it from AppleStore, it hasn't really been around...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
hmm...i usually just use my mac at my desk, but when i go on a school trip in a few weeks im gonna bring it to watch movies on the bus, and it's nice to have such a portable mac so that i can take it whereever i go :p

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I guess I can answer my Mac has been to both the US and the UK. My trusty G5 has lived on my desk since I got it... however, it was shipped over from the States.

I have a romanticised (and entirely inaccurate) mental image of the box tied to the deck of a cargo vessel, braving Atlantic storms on its intrepid journey over here. Please don't spoil that for me. ;)

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
My PB has been to Bellingham, Everett, Seattle once (never even took it out of my bag), and Vancouver, WA.

That's about it for me. Not much excitement there.

jnicolso1

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
Adelaide
Powerbook travels

My 1.25 15" pb has been to Dili, the JDPA, London, Dallas, Houston, Skye, Edinbrugh, Singapore, Los Angeles, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin, Alice Springs.
My next machine, either 1.67 17" or a G5 depending on if I can control the impulse shopping urge untill it is released may be going to moscow and anchorage.
My old SE went to melbourne and back to sale a few times, in the good old days when all you had to do was put it in a milk crate.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
My iBook's been in the West Bank, right next to a group of armed Palestinians glaring at some Israeli soldiers.

I can also say it's been in the world's largest city (Tokyo: approx 34 million people) and one of the smallest (Forest City, Maine: 6 people).

Somehow I take great pride in that.. XD.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Hmmmm, lets see...

Lives in CT, been to
NYC
Florida (well, technically ever state between CT and FL) ;)
Maine
New Jersey
Cape Cod
Vermont
Cancun, Mexico

I'm probably missing some...I pretty much take it wherever I go.

mactropy

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2004
M&M's
Well, I spend most of my time in a city in Ohio, and my PB has subleased my apartment from me and so far has been a good roomie.
Apart from that it has been vacationing/business 'tripping' in:
-New York City
-Windsor, Canada
-Toronto, Canada
-Fort Myers Beach, FL
-Los Angeles (+Santa Monica)
-Las Vegas
-Chicago
-Germany
-Copenhagen, Denmark
-London, UK

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
My PB has been to the following places:

Walmart in West Monroe, Louisiana
ULM <-- University of Louisiana @ Monroe (School)
Orlando, Florida
Universal Studios and TGI Fridays
Branson, Missouri
New Orleans, Louisiana

That's how far its been in 9 months, hopefully much farther in the near future.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
One of my favorite spots and accompanying stories was with my pismo500 showing both Keynote and PowerPoint presentations on the mouth of the Amazon in Peru among the Shipibo Indians. I spent about an hour one afternoon helping the local leader in Pucalpa improve his PowerPoint transitions. Globalization is. ;)
X