Where have we heard this before?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Shivetya, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/policy_czars_obama/2009/10/23/276120.html

At issue are the 18 positions Miss Collins says Mr. Obama has created since he took office. Of those, she says 10 — the White House says eight — are in the executive office and not subject to Freedom of Information Act requests or requests for testimony.

The last guy did this and we never heard the end of it, then again the guy before him and before him.... etc.

Will we ever have a White House, let alone Congress, answerable to the people? We have an overbearing Federal Government which makes up more secret societies than Scientology!

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Have you had your tinfoil hat tuned up lately? :confused:

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, I think he's serious.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think there is an underlying point, one which criticizing sources and pulling out tin foil hats is not going to address. DO you feel that Obama has kept his promise of transparency? I surely do not. I expected much more.

6. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

He's way missed the mark on the whole transparency thing. He promised to post new legislation on the white house web site for a full week, for the people to read it, before signing anything. His record so far is either signing things the same day they are posted online, or posting them online AFTER he has already signed them. FAIL.

He won't even release the White House visitor logs, citing executive privilege. Exactly the same tactic W used.

Obama's transparency is just another campaign lie.

7. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I thought this was an interesting article that was quite apropos:

Link