Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2006
I have an iPhone 7 plus, with a cracked screen (just one crack, mind!) and a scratch on the glass covering one of the lenses (no effect on picture quality).
So obviously I want a new phone. However, I would very much like to get as much as possible for the old one.

I see three options:
  1. Sell to some company which will refurbish and resell. This would gain me almost nothing. MAYBE I would get 100$ for it.
  2. Sell as is on the open market to some one who presumably will fix it and resell it for even more.
  3. Fix the display glass with a cheap ebay replacement and sell it for slightly more than I would get in option 1, but now not knowing how long that display will last, so I might get an irate buyer on the phone in the future. (obviously I would tell the buyer I replaced the display, but norwegian laws covering sales to consumers is really strict, and also covers c2c sales in most cases.
I am almost certain I won't do 3, but is it even worth doing 2? Even given a 100% price difference, 200$ seems like it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.