Where iPhone 4S Case hooks on caused a chip. Noticed when taken off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SethRogen, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

SethRogen macrumors 6502

I bought a case for my White iPhone 4S at Apple. Haven't dropped it once. Case is hooked on the top left and right corners. I took it of and the left corner is chipped on the white part. The case they gave me caused this obviously from being tight and I can show them.

Would they able to repair it for me? I have insurance.

If not, how much does it cost for Apple to repair it.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

No apple is not going to give you a new phone on warranty because of a case YOU put on the phone. Now if you have apple care+ pay the 50$ and swap it if it means that much to you. Otherwise don't worry about it ,it's a phone

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Same thing happened to me. Eventually I got over it, my case even took a small chunk off the top so it looks like someone took a knife and scraped it.

Took off my SP too and now Im just using the phone without anything but skins.

I absolutely LOVE using the iPhone without a SP. first time I have ever used an iPhone without any protection. I only use skins because I hate and regret getting the white iPhone.

Since Im not selling this one, (giving to to my mom) I really stopped caring about the phones look. My white 4S has like 3 chips and a chunk missing from that cheap *** plastic border.

Oh and yes I will be replacing it before giving it to my mom. My mail never shows I have any, EVER. After 2 restores and set up as new it still doesn't show any mail. Apple agreed to swap, made a note of it in the system. But I'm not replacing this yet because of how horrible the yellow screens are!

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Why not try? Apple replaced phones when their bumper scratched the antenna band. Try it.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Does it bother you that much to get it replaced?

7. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

In that case it was a bumper created by Apple. Sounds like the OP just bought a case from the Apple store. Apple isn't going to fix damage that another company's product caused.

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

They might. If they sell a product that damages their branded product, they are liable to some extent.

Try it. Worst case they will say no, then you can tell them it's not a good idea to endorse products that damage the iPhone.

----------

What case is it so we can avoid it?