Where iPhones, religion, and politics meet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, Sep 25, 2012.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, but, in should be on Macrumors somewhere:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Israeli-rabbi-to-followers-Burn-your-iPhones-3892487.php

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm glad to see my people can still bring the crazy just as well as any other religion.

Now I'm going to go eat some pork on Yom Kippur to protest not doing things you enjoy because some stupid ancient book tells you not to.

4. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Once the bubble bursts the whole world comes crushing down.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Gee, don't burn them...give them to someone who could use one. Donate them. Something. Heck send them to me. lol

As for when people will get over religion, considering that humans are a superstitious lot, my answer is sadly never. Not until after the sun goes supernova and there's no one left. Unless we escape this rock in time. Then religion will continue indefinitely with no end. As long as humans are breathing, there will be religion.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The iPhones are the property of their owners so if they want to burn them that's fine with me. It's just a publicity stunt anyway--I doubt very many expensive iPhones will be burned.

I only have problems when someone tries to force me to adhere to their religious beliefs.

8. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

When God no longer exists.

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

"When are people going to stop believing in something that doesn't exist?"

"When that thing doesn't exist anymore".

:confused:

10. Fazzy macrumors 6502

OMG why hasn't the entire jewish community condemned this?? They must all be evil zionist jewish terrorists!! They all hate us and our iphones and our way of life! Theyre Evil!!! EVIIIIIILLL!!!!!

(Expected reaction if it was some Muslim guy who told his followers to burn their iphones)

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

12. AhmedFaisal Guest

Considering that these people largely live and breed on the government's dime, it's just amazing how much cloud these freeloaders have... there's your 47% Mr. Romney. And your nutso party supports these loons and their dream of Greater Israel.

Just btw. since the government/taxpayers paid for their iPhones, shouldn't they get a say?