Where is caller ID photo stored in iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salehjoon, Dec 11, 2011.

1. salehjoon macrumors newbie

I'm trying to retrieve a photo that is attached to caller ID in an iPhone 3GS, when the actual file was either never saved or deleted at some point. Where does iPhone store caller ID photos? I know the full size photo has to be somewhere in the phone because I can zoom in and re-size the caller ID photo. I've tried looking in every directory and sub-directory with no luck. Any suggestions?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its in the Address Book database in /User/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Quickest way is Goto the contact tap edit then tap the photo then edit photo. Zoom out use the power plus home buttons to take a snapshot. Job done.

4. salehjoon thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I access this path? Sorry, I haven't spent time learning the iPhone OS. I downloaded the "iPhoneBrowser" to explore the files but I only see the root directory (or partition?) and some folders. Don't see the /User folder.

Also, Is AddressBook.sqlitedb a database file? If yes, how can I access the picture in this file?

Thanks.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to jailbreak to access that database file.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm new to the 4S, but why isn't that photo which your trying to locate not in the main My Photos Folder. I thought all images were automatically dropped into one "main" folder, and from there you then select an images to use for caller i.d.

I know you can create multiple sub folders within the Main Primary Folder to group them accordingly.