Where is the airport card in the 17" MBP A1297 model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmm, May 7, 2012.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

Where can I find the airport card in my 17 MBP 6,1 (model #a1297)? I need to replace it. Or is this one of the models that is integrated into the screen and I would have to replace the screen as well? If so, can I at least see if the cables to the airport card are loose, to tighten them? About one in 15 startups, I get "Airport Card not found" and then I push my hand on the bottom of the case all around, and wifi works fine, until the next time I see "Airport card not found".

Thanks!

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

There haven't been any Macs (that I can think of off the top of my head) that have the actual AirPort card built into the display.

The cables and antennae are built into the lid on all of the laptops, however.

It is possible that the AirPort card has a loose retaining screw and is making an intermittent connection.

In that model the AirPort card is located in the same corner as the MagSafe connector, and once you get it open you will find that it is attached to a little plastic piece. If you unscrew the little plastic piece and flip it over you should be able to see the AP card.