Where is the Facebook iPad app that is suppose to be released today!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Spooner83, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Spooner83 macrumors 6502

Spooner83

It's October 4th, where is it?

The iPhone 4s is a disappointment, but not as disappointing as the Facebook iPad app not being released!

2. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

It's a good question. Speculation on Leo's TWiT panel this morning was that large heads at Apple and Facebook kept colliding, and they couldn't come to an agreement.

One interesting thing is that twitter is highly-integrated into iOS 5. I wouldn't be surprised to see a means of sending a tweet through Siri.

3. Spooner83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Spooner83

It's pathetic how long it's taking to release. I guess the developer who quit Facebook was right, this app will never see the light of day!

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

as far as i can tell, no one at facebook or apple confirmed that it was going to be released today. just rumors. so nothing was "supposed" to happen.

5. ninerfan macrumors regular

Facebook doesn't give a twit or a tweet about Apple and its devices. I personally don't see it happening ever.

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

7. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

8. paulcdb macrumors regular

i've no idea how anyone believed that rumour in the first place, it wasn't about the iPad so why would they announce an app designed for a device they aren't announcing?

Same with project sparten, it's not designed for the iPhone so it was never going to be mentioned.

The keynotes were disappointing but more because most of the time was spent replaying wwdc but i guess since there wasn't much to announce they had to pad it up somehow :rolleyes:

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

10. RossMc, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Was it just me or did anyone else see the Facebook app in one of the slides during the keynote? I think it was when they were talking about businesses using the iPad. It may have been a different app but it looked like the Facebook one.

Edit: This?
    [​IMG]

11. tmagman macrumors 6502

they just announced that it was released today (about 5 minutes ago actually according to CNBC's Twitter)

12. SteveLV702 macrumors 6502

SteveLV702

its actually not a rumor Facebook themselves just announced it on Facebook.... just its not in the store yet just isn't live when you set for live takes a while (few hours) to process...

Attached Files:

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

14. bobTX10 macrumors member

It's up! It's up!!! Download the iphone app for facebook. It's universal so that's where you'll get the compatible iPad app. It's freakin sweet! Lovin it already

15. GobblerChaser macrumors newbie

So far so good from my perspective. Just got rid of ,y third party Facebook apps. Finally,

16. RayK macrumors 6502