Where is the ip5 bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uabcar, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Didn't they intro the ip4 bumper during the keynote a couple years ago? Seems like a simple concept to extend (pun) to the iP5. Would love to order one with the phone on Friday.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

They only released the bumper because of signal problems. I was expecting to see Apple release some kind of case today, though.

3. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Maybe we can take the old bumper and stretch it out, still can't believe they sold that at $29.. until they gave it away

4. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure they released it with the phone - they started giving it away for free for a short while after launch though - because of the signal issues.

5. _themilkman macrumors member

This page;

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/icloud/

Clearly shows an white iphone with a blue rim around it - perhaps they are releasing a thinner bumper?

Seems they missed a lot from the keynote!

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

An interesting philosophy since the whole "Antennagate" ordeal blew up after the phones were released into the wild, and the bumper was announced in the WWDC keynote along with the iPhone 4.

I think this time around Apple has just decided to leave case manufacturing to 3rd parties.

7. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

That's an iPod touch.

8. _themilkman macrumors member

Ah right. Was in the iphone section so assumed it would be one of those! Guess it's showing off multi device or something.

9. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I was curious about this well. There's not even a new dock.

10. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the white/blue is the new iPod Touch with a blue wrap around back. Would like a smaller form factor bumper though.

Edit: CarlB (above) clearly formulates his thoughts and types faster than me...

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I hope Apple does a bumper. It's the case I would prefer.

12. RenoG macrumors 65816

You probably already have a bumper for this phone a few feet away from your monitor at work, its called a rubber band, remember to take home for the 21st.....

13. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The bumpers were released at the iPhone 4 launch. The free bumper case because of the antenna issues came later.

14. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I hope Apple does an iPhone 5 bumper.. I like minimalist protection. The bumper also gives the iPhone some grip.

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

Most likely, there will be a bumper. They were very popular. I bet they'll be available in store by the 21st.