where is the people who hate the two toned design and a taller iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleni, Sep 26, 2012.

1. aleni macrumors 68020

im sick of watching macrumors users went riot after seeing a leaked image of the iPhone 5 without even being touch them in hands in the first time.

this happened really annually and this is getting annoying lol.

whattt!!! this design!! whattt!??? taller iPhone! whattt two toned design! whatttt no NFC! whatttt back glass iPhone!!?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm guessing they either:

A.) Left the forums
    B.) Took back what they said and bought it anyway.

3. bgro macrumors 6502a

I wasn't particularly fond of the design when it started leaking and now that I'm using it I still prefer the form factor and even the weight of the 4S. It just feels better in my hand for some reason. Just my opinion of course but I do prefer the bigger screen so you can't really have one without the other (at least the longness).

4. urkel macrumors 68030

The problem is that you've dramatized reality and things never actually happened that way

1) The Design - The criticism wasn't against the "design", it was the aspect ratio. And 16:9 still isn't a universally accepted or understood decision

2) Taller - Nobody criticized the height, they criticized it being taller without also making it slightly wider. And those that wanted a larger screen that accommodated a bigger keyboard and made it easier to read books without sacrificing font size vs words per line still feel that this didn't solve those problems.

3) No NFC - yes, it doesn't have NFC. That doesn't mean people no longer want it in the next model.

4) Back glass iPhone - I have no idea what that means, but if there were any discussions to be had about the decision to go with a large flat sheet of aluminum then the paranoia seems justified (if not taken a bit too far)

So overall, people who reacted negatively towards the design at first sight have pretty much kept that opinion. They still buy it because they prefer iOS over the competition and next time they refresh the design the same complaints will occur and they'll remain just as legitimate.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wrong. There were plenty of posters criticizing the two-tone design itself.

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I didn't really care for the two toned design in the leake pics, and I still don't. Luckily all of those were of the white version, so it's not a problem w/ my black iPhone 5. I still would have bought it, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the look as much.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

After using it, I’d classify myself as B above.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't hate any phone. In fact I'm a cross platform Smartphone Addict :eek:

In the case of my new iPhone 5, I tried oh, so hard, to like it... But I don't. No matter how I re-frame my approach, it's just not the phone for me.

Therefore as of this afternoon, I removed it from my line, connected my iPhone 4S in it's place, a simple phone call to AT&T and I'm all set. Boy it was worth keeping my pristine 4S "just in case".

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

After holding and using an iPhone 5 I am very glad I didn't upgrade from my 4S.

I'm eager to buy a new phone and the cash is ready, but the iPhone 5 isn't the one for me this time. I have my reasons and you've all heard them echoed by others on here. I'm not hating on apple, they just didn't wow me this particular time.

10. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I thought the leaked design was pretty odd and even a bit ugly at first. I honestly didn't care about the size of the screen, just as long as it's not 5"+ I'll be happy I think. The NFC I had no thoughts on. Never used it, never cared to use it. I've lived without it this long and I'm pretty sure I can go the rest of my life without it.

But yes, the design was the biggest thing. Pictures truly don't do it justice. I upgraded from the 4s merely because I was able to sell it and make a profit from buying the 5. But once I actually had the phone in person the design was almost brand new to me. Even apple's publicity photo's of the iPhone 5 suck in my opinion.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Also not a fan of the weight?

12. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

hahaha "then that"????!?!??!? THAN, with an A with an A

13. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

I'm one of the people who did not like the two-toned back when the leaks started to happen. In fact, I created a poll to gauge general opinion towards this way back in May:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1377752

My objections were purely aesthetic. I thought the stripes top and bottom added nothing to the look of the phone. However, when the reasoning behind the design started to become apparent—that is for the antennas to work within a unibody aluminium enclosure—I was fine with it. Though I prefer the appearance of the iPhone 4's glass back, I would much rather have the structural durability of the iPhone 5 (after seeing it do so well in the drop tests).

You know, it is okay to have both positive and negative opinions of an Apple product—even a product that you choose to buy! I am planning to get an iPhone 5. It doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of certain aspects of it.

Now, have I warmed to the design at all since it was first leaked? Just a little I confess. ;)

14. intothepolis macrumors regular

I hate the design of the new iPhone. The 4 and 4s looked much nicer. ;)

15. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The 5 didn't wow you but the 4S did. <-- This wow'ed me :D

16. aleni thread starter macrumors 68020

the truth is, most people make conclusion by looking at the leaked pics that majority of them being taken by mr blurry cam.

u dont make an assumption before u put that real thing in your hand.

it's a real beauty!

17. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I reserved my opinion until I saw it in person... I learned my lesson with the iPhone 4 :D

18. toondw macrumors 6502

Thought i would hate the white so went black........5 days later i think the black is bland so going white as its growing on me......my bit of bling! ;)

19. Twixt macrumors 6502

I had many doubts before hating...
    Now that this phone is out I just wont buy it, still with my 3 year old 3GS and expecting Note 2 or HTC Nexus as my next phone

20. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

I'm one of those people (though I didn't come here to complain when images were being leaked).

I think the two tone design is a step back for Apple design wise. The iPhone 4 and 4S are more beautiful in terms of their appearance.

I never really cared one way or the other for the taller display, though I am glad that they only went taller, and not wider. I own a Galaxy Nexus as well and it's just too big.

I also think NFC was a political decision for Apple. If they had implemented it into the phone, and talked about it like no phone before had ever had this technology, they would have helped to propel the technology. I still think this is a mistake.

The iPhone 5 seems like a great phone, and I've ordered one, but it could have been a lot better. I'm not one of those guys who's going to threaten to jump over to Android if Apple doesn't do what I want, because I know how bad Android is, but the gap is starting to close. Apple is missing opportunities and messing up a lot more than they used to. I suspect this is because Jobs' is gone, but only more time will tell.

21. urkel macrumors 68030

Okay, and many of those who disliked the two tone design still dislike it. So what exactly is "wrong"? (Or more importantly, why are the subjective opinions on a constantly changing design trying to be proven as "right or wrong"?).

The iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, but that doesnt mean its perfect or it's design choices are universally loved.

22. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Dude, the leaks for the iPhone 5 were some of the clearest professional looking photo's ever of any apple product leak as far as I can remember.

23. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I am getting the 5 for a performance upgrade over my iPhone 4, but I have to admit I tend to prefer the esthetics of the 4. Not that big a deal to me, however.

24. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

They is now complaining about the data usage on LTE.

25. soco, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012

soco macrumors 68030

soco

While I agree with those who are defending your English and the fact that it is obviously not your first language, I still don't understand the point of this thread. What are you hoping to accomplish?

+10 internets.

Thank you a million times for being honest about that. That took balls. :)