Where should I go to trade an iPhone 6 for an 8+ ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdilley14, Oct 10, 2017.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Simply put, I'm looking to trade in my iPhone 6 for an 8+.

Would it be better to go directly to the Apple store, or does Verizon offer trade in credit as well?

I looked on the Apple website and found an area that goes over iPhone trade-ins. I'd really like to avoid doing it online and mailing phones back and fourth. Also trying to avoid going to the Apple store as I have 20 Verizon stores closer to me.

I'm guessing that I wouldn't get a whole lot more than the trade in credit if I tried selling it outright? It's an IP6, 16GB, good condition. I think I say $135 trade credit online. I can't imagine these are selling for a whole lot more on Craigslist, Offer Up, etc.?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you want an accurate estimate of what to expect, I would check Swappa.

And you have to follow up with Verizon if there even offering anything for trade or promotions/incentives. Otherwise, I would sell either locally or through Swappa, but avoid eBay.

I don't have any feedback with Apples trade-in program.

3. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

Delete...

4. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

While trading might be the easy route, you'll get a lot more for your money, particularly since it's an iPhone 6, if you just sell on Craigslist or something.

5. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

If you log into your Verizon account you should be able to see what they'll offer you for trading in. I realize there are options to sell or trade that may result in more money, but as you noted, I like the convenience of doing it all in one shot and walking out with the device I want. I traded in a 5s and got a $100 credit from VZW applied to my bill over 24 months. Just my preference.

6. oplix Suspended

oplix

Apple will offer you up to 149 dollars in store at time of purchase.

7. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

You can trade it in through your wireless carrier or a third party service like Gazell. You can also try Craigslist or Ebay.

8. Moi Ici macrumors regular

Totally agree with this. The extra hassle can significantly increase what you would get for a trade in. Look up your local Craig’s list and see what the 6s’ are going for.

9. Mene macrumors newbie

Mene

If you price your iPhone right, you can sell it quickly on your local craigslist. Sure,you'll have a lot of tire kickers, but the right price will result in a quick sale.

10. serialiphoneuser macrumors regular

For the little trade in value.. it is better to get it unlocked and keep it for yourself.

11. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

12. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101