Where should my friend buy iPad 3G between Apple retail store and Best buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tuamtuem, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tuamtuem macrumors member

My friend will go to LA on Thursday and leave around 3 - 4 days after iPad 3G lunched(30 Apr 10), so he 'must' ensure that where he can definitely get it for himself and me :D. However, we don't have any experience about purchasing Apple product on its release time in US.

BTW, I prefer Best Buy because I think most buyers may go to Apple retailed store. Is this true? I and my friend don't want to miss this opportunity to get it :)

Thanks for anyhelp ;)

2. guinness0514 macrumors newbie

I would go to the apple store. they will have more stock

3. calvin2006 macrumors regular

Best Buy in general will have a shorter line but fewer stock. It's a crap shoot either way. Good luck!

4. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

+1

Best Buy's might be limited to around 15-30 units.

Best Chance is an Apple Store

They're many Apple Stores in LA

like Century City, Grove, 3rd St Promenade, Manhattan Village, Irvine,

Try your luck.;)

5. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Does the Apple store make you wait until 5pm? I will probably go to Best Buy if I can buy it in the morning and avoid the traffic.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Pick one or the other; probably not much in between.:D

7. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Try Best Buy in the morning to see if you can get some kind of redemption ticket. If they don't have any more or if there's already a line, then go to Apple.

8. trojanvillage macrumors member

Go to Apple.

Get it from the source.

Sent from my iPad

9. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't matter much which you buy it at, the only real question is which is more likely to have it available for you to buy (preferably with short/no wait).

The first place I'm going to check is Best Buy. The reason is that it's a block or two from an Apple Store. I figure most zealots will hit the Apple Store instead.

The basic calculation is that Apple Stores will have more inventory but also more customers for this item.

Nobody can say for sure which is more likely to have one in stock when your turn comes in line, but I will say you're a lot less likely to wait in line period at Best Buy.

10. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

There will be more fanfare around the Apple stores, especially one in major cities. Go to a best buy in the suburbs and you will have little problems.

11. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

During the last iPad release the local Apple Stores sold out of some versions while the BBs had plenty on the shelf and they weren't selling very well. My son works at a BB in Denver and they had 60 iPad's left at COB on launch day.