Where the hell is InkPad?

ryanweb

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2001
NY
I bought Jaguar at Apple store last Friday. Everything is great, but I can't find InkPad (utility for Inkwell). I saw on Apple web site in Jaguar features, that Inkwell should be in System preferences, but it's not there. Where is it?

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Plug in a supported (that is, "Wacom") tablet, with appropriate drivers loaded. A Preference Panel will appear in your System Preferences for Ink. Open that panel, then click the radio button to turn handwriting recognition on. Your InkPad will appear at that point.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
h noAsWQ nut .1 doe2h'tw2 l\Y work well for M4

ha, that was my first attempt - i'm impressed that the last bit got out.....i like the lined paper - but there is no way i'd be able to stay in the line

ryanweb

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2001
NY
Thanks, guys!

It's working! I tried to write in Word, it's so cool!
BTW, I still own Newton 2000. I bought it in 1998. It's an amazing piece of thecjnology.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Even cooler

It would be even cooler if there was a way to connect our Newton 2xxx to our newer Macs and use that as our "tablet" for writing! THAT would be cool.

Gus

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
ink seems to be an awesome technology :D, but guess what? m$'s upcoming pda os (forget the name of it) has a tablet app on it (saw a screenie of it back in july)...m$ cant think of their own ideas...