Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The stock buds don't fit me, but the button/mic is sweet and it's sorely missed, as I'm currently using the Apple in-ear buds. They fit ok and don't sound too bad, but talking into the bottom of the phone like an electric razor while wearing them is getting old.

I can't believe we're not seeing more companies' offerings in the button/mic headphone department, even if it's just pre-release teasers or pre-orders.

V-Moda says their button/mic enabled Vibe is coming soon, but I test drove the current Vibe Duos and to me they sound like I'm sitting in the back seat of an East L.A. Jeep...far too bassy. I would get them over Shure's upcoming adapter though, which looks like a mini blood pressure monitor attached to a black garden hose. And connecting the Shure adapter to a normal set of buds looks like it would yield about a 20 ft cord.

I wrote to Sennheiser, inquiring about their iPhone plans...no reply. CX300i FTW!

I tried making Frankenphones (soldering other buds to the Apple cord) but I suck at soldering apparently. It didn't work and I ruined a pair of CX300s in the process.

Anyone seen any headphone announcements I might have missed?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The headphones don't fit your ear?

They don't stay in my ears. What can I say? It's a common problem with the stock buds. Not to mention they sound like crap compared to even the cheapest in-ear/canal phones.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Awesome! Maybe the next reply will suggest soldering some other buds to the Apple cord, or checking out the Shure adapter.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
It is possible i have normal ears though ;)

you've been so helpful to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently using V-modas with my iPod, love the sound, but has anyone noticed the following problem?

At the bottom of the phones, the metal jack is cutting the rubber wiring! $100 for what?!?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Awesome! Maybe the next reply will suggest soldering some other buds to the Apple cord, or checking out the Shure adapter.

Well, that posters comments were uncalled for, but so is your attitude. :rolleyes:

What I suggested was not already covered in your post, from what I can tell. Yes, it would be good to see more third party accessories for the iPhone, particularly outside of cases and into things like earphone sets. Duh. Your point is taken. But you might as well continue to try to do something about it now vs. just whine about it.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I use UE IEM’s and have emailed them a couple of times requesting an iPhone cord. Anyone else who uses UE please email them also.

Okiewan

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
Last edited:

dinkinflicka

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2007
i used this mod to put my $60 sony noise cancelling earbuds on the iphone earjack. they work perfectly, and the instructions are perfect, and simple. iphone earbuds actually bruised my ear.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Based on the old adage, you reap what you sow, I guess my original post was completely and utterly useless, and seemingly unread by many who replied. Let's just pretend I never started this thread at all. If someone wanted to start a *new* thread, with some *new* information about any upcoming button/mic headphones, that would be peachy.

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Based on the old adage, you reap what you sow, I guess my original post was completely and utterly useless, and seemingly unread by many who replied. Let's just pretend I never started this thread at all. If someone wanted to start a *new* thread, with some *new* information about any upcoming button/mic headphones, that would be peachy.

Given your attitude, which is completely uncalled for, you would have better luck getting cooperation out of a google search. For now, I suggest trying to be more polite and attempting to phrase your questions in a more direct (yet civil) manner

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
phrase your questions in a more direct (yet civil) manner

Umm. You mean like...

Anyone seen any headphone announcements I might have missed?

Sorry if that wasn't civil enough.

If I've been a bit brash in some of my replies above (and normally I'm not), well, have you looked at this thread? It's about 90% pure regurgitation of my original post, and 5% fluff. Even the post above this one, AFTER I basically said let's just drop the whole thing, contains info I already posted in my OP. Pardon me if I get a little annoyed when it seems like people are only reading the subject line.

*EDIT* I get it now...this is all just the Forum Gods messin' with me for posting this thread on the wrong forum. Should have posted to Accessories! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.