Where to buy an iPhone 6 "dummy"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nimrad, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Nimrad macrumors 6502

I would like to buy 2 iPhone 6 dummies(4,7" and 5,5") in plastic because I want to get a feeling for if the 5,5" is too big for me. Anybody know where to get those? I can only find cases or android phones that are way too expensive. I live in Norway, so free international shipping would be appreciated.

2. mdnz macrumors regular

You can buy a 4,7" phone and try it for a week and then ship it back at no additional cost. Since you're in the EU you have a 2 week thinking period if you have bought an item online.

3. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Or you can wait until it's released and try it in store with working UI.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

lolol.. I honestly did that.. yes, my nerd level is high.. but I cut out a piece of paper the exact specs of the alleged 5.5" just to get an idea. :D

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I did that too, when I was vetting out the purchase of the Nokia Lumia Icon (5.5" phone).

I don't think you can go wrong with making up a model to see how it works :D

7. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Wait until it comes out and hold the real thing in an Apple/Carrier store?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I hear some rumors that these "dummy" phone do exist but are shipped to the favorite case makers before a new iPhone is introduced.

You will never get you hands on these as Apple would be pissed at that case maker.

I suggest you make one like others have said.

9. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

You need to look beyond the screen size and look at the actual dimensions of the phone itself. Due to the home button and an equally large top bezel a 4.7" (or 5.5") iPhone is going to be a fair amount larger than most phones with the same screen size.

Just find a comparably sized PHONE and go to Best Buy, etc.

10. recoil80 macrumors 68000

That's the way to go.
    Even if you buy a 4.7'' phone you cannot have the same feeling on the palm of your hand.
    Wait till the launch date, go to an Apple store and hold the device in your hand, play with it and find out which is the right model for you.

And if you want to be 100% sure Apple has a return and refund policy so you can buy a model and have a few days to test in your everyday life.

11. Reason077 macrumors 68020

Reason077

Norway is not a member of the EU. However it is part of the internal market through the European Economic Area Agreement, which means it does implement some EU legislation.

12. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

If you search on eBay, you can find some of the models based on the leaks. Or you could just make one out of paper/cardstock.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This seems like the proper solution to me as well.

14. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Exactly what I will do