Where to buy Brand New/FLAWLESS Apple Cinema Display 30"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BrioBriss, Jan 29, 2013.

1. BrioBriss macrumors regular

I was wondering if any post have treat about the subject? I'd hardly LOVE that Apple make back a brand new 30 inch (or even bigger) display for their upcoming 2013 realase. Don't know if I'm in a minority who want these 30" display back? Anyway, if any of you have any news about a possible 30" Apple display come back, or just some rumors or thoughts feel free to share it in the topic!

2. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

Where to buy Brand New/FLAWLESS Apple Cinema Display 30"

Title say pretty much everything. I'm looking for about 1 year to get a brand new/FLAWLESS cinema display 30 inch, but it seems impossible to find. Is anyone have any tips of where I should check/where I could find.

Thanks in advance!

3. dinggus macrumors 65816

An Apple Store or their website?

4. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

I often see flawless ones on ebay, not sure where you are, but on ebay uk, I saw a flawless one for £650

5. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

I am from Canada. It's north america ntsc here, not sure if a PAL UK screen would work.Thanks for telling though.

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I think it would be very cool, but i have no idea if this is rumored to happen or not. I just wish I could afford to have one...or two!!

7. JD92, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  8. uncleMonty macrumors regular

I'm going to hang on to my 30" ACD as long as I can, I love it and if it broke I'd try to get the same thing again - but I would never buy another cinema display of any kind if the only option Apple gives me is a glossy screen.

9. simsaladimbamba

Not really, since they have been discontinued in 2010.

10. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, that's pretty disapointing here. Still highly looking for one. I't damn hard to find in like new/new shape. This is not the kind of thing I'd like to buy used.

11. simsaladimbamba

NTSC and PAL are TV standards and have nothing to do with Apple's Cinema Displays, thus you can buy any display from all around the world and if the interfaces align, you will see an image.

And I get your frustration, I would have like a 23" ACD myself, but since they were out of production, I got myself a Dell U2412M, which might not be as nice looking, but does its job wonderfully.

You can't always get what you want. Which of course, does not less the want, it only heightens it. And then again, this is just another post to stardom in Q's biannual list of time management idiots.

12. BrioBriss thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, good to know about PAL/NTSC thing.

Yea, that's pretty frustrating to have pass the chance to get it Brand New some years ago and now wasting my time looking like a crazy on the internet.

I guess I'll finish to get THE deal. I hope. Otherwise, I just hope new 30" Apple display will come out at the next update.

13. Giuly, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

How about picking up a Dell UltraSharp U3011 instead? It has an IPS panel, and looks much better. The price for a brand new one is about the same as a used Cinema Display, and you can pick it up in Canada instead of buying one from Great Britain, which saves you the shipping as well.
    [​IMG]

Or, you get a Dell UltraSharp U2713HM (or the UltraSharp U2713H for $230 more, which is the same display but has an even better AH-IPS panel with 10-bit color support and a 14-bit internal color processor for graphics design etc.), it's the same width as the 30", but not as high (16:9 like an HDTV). The size is the same as the 27" iMacs and the new Thunderbolt Display, but it costs about 2/3 of the UltraSharp U3011 or a Cinema Display.
    [​IMG][​IMG]