where to buy futureshop or apple online store?(canada)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ppo123456, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ppo123456 macrumors newbie

hi everyone, after a lots of research i decide to get a imac 27 i5, but the other thing comes out, where to buy it? FS or apple online store.well, im in canada a small city, the nearest apple store is 500km away, we do got FS and best buy here. the thing is for the apple online store i can get the student price for it, its gonna save me up to $200 also i can get 8g memory, for the FS there only standard model to choose, but for the warranty part, coz we don't have the apple store here, if there anything wrong with my imac i have no where to fix it even im planing to get applecare, for the futureshop i can get the 3yr warranty from them, its easy for me. so here is my question where should i get it? FS or Apple online store?
    thank you guys

2. Heath macrumors regular

have you checked your phone book for Apple resellers or authorized service centers?
    Knowing which city might help.
    I try and give as little business as possible to FS/BB

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hi,

You can buy your iMac on the online Apple Store, or by phoning their number and purchasing the iMac over the phone. If you don't have a credit card, ask them how you can arrange payment.

Regarding the warranty, check to see if you have an Apple Reseller in your town/city. You don't need to get your Mac fixed at an Apple Store. Actually, most people don't. Think about how few Apple Stores there are in Canada, and how many computers Apple sells in Canada. It would be impossible for everyone to get their Mac fixed at an Apple Store!!!

Even though I live(d) near two different Apple stores in Toronto (Yorkdale and Fairview Mall), I take my laptop to an Apple Reseller because I think the service at Apple Stores is worse!! They are much busier, and they don't have enough time for all their customers.

Anyway, an Apple Reseller will fix your Mac for free if you still have the warranty, just like an Apple Store. You have a warranty for 1 year, but if you buy AppleCare, you get a total of 3 years of warranty. ;)

Here's my suggestion:

1. Go to Apple's website and find an Apple reseller: HERE

2. Phone and ask if you can get the 27" iMac i5 that you want. If you can, order it from them. :)

3. If it needs to be repaired, go back to them for repairs for as long as you're under warranty!

4. ppo123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you guys..i found the Apple Reseller in my city!lol thank you so much!!going there right now!