Where to buy Incase hardshell black for 15" macbook pro unibody if Canadian?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by intellijel, Mar 29, 2009.

1. intellijel macrumors newbie

apple.ca has the unibody cases but only green, blue and pink.

Does anyone know where I can get a black incase hardshell for my 15" macbook pro? The incase site says simply "currently unavailable" for that color.

I am in Canada so a place that ships here is essential. I have had no luck with my google searches.

btw,
    I don't get how dumb these companies can be. How many people pay tons of cash for a slick black and grey computer and then would want to put a bright green or pink case on it??? Obviously the most popular color is going to be black, grey or anything that matches the macbook color scheme.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I went to live.ca, set the search to only look in canada and came up with a bunch of hits. Of course, I didn't look at each place to see what was in stock, but it's a place to start if google's coming up empty.

3. SecondDealer macrumors regular

Agreed, totally dumb on their part except for the teenage girl market that loves pink and green.

Anyways, have you thought about getting a Spec hardcase instead of an incase one? I recently got one of Amazon for $22.00, (usually $50.00), and it fits well, seems durable, and my MBP still looks sweet. Clear are $22.00, black are $40.00, all other colors you can check out yourself, I believe they ship to Canada no problem, link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NY6K20/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Nvm get the black one from the second link, its far cheaper and same product, at least at first glance:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B153E0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

4. intellijel thread starter macrumors newbie

This has got to be a small minority. How many teens are spoiled enough to get a $2k computer?

As for the Speck case, they are actually available locally and on apple.ca. I had one on order but I just canceled it. I did a lot of research this weekend and basically there is a lot of debate between Speck vs. Incase. One of the major decision factors was the report that the Speck case melts slightly under the heat of the macbook and the rubber fuses to the aluminum!

Some other factors:
    Incase has better ventilation than Speck
    Incase has better rep for design quality
    Incase hardshell still compatible with Kensington lock (Speck doesn't fit)

Older Incase hardshells had an issue with not being able to fully open the screen past 90 degrees but the newest ones for the unibody macbook pro have fixed that problem.