Where to buy White OEM Parts for the 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brianjw, Apr 28, 2011.

1. brianjw macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store today and have grown more interested in owning a White iPhone 4. However, I already own the black one and cannot afford to purchase an entirely new phone, so my next option is replacing the parts.

I have no problem with opening the phone up and doing the replacing of the parts myself, as there are detailed instructions all over the web, and I've already previously replaced the back cover. Warranty is not something I care about any more.

Now, I am looking for the BEST and the NEWEST White OEM parts for the iPhone 4. The older OEM parts don't have the black bar above the ear speaker, which is the proximity sensor. Instead, it seems to have tiny holes where the proximity sensor is beneath. Two different designs. I want the design that is closest if not exactly the same as the real thing sold in Apple stores.

Where could I get the best, most inexpensive (less than iPhone price please lol), and newest White OEM iPhone 4 front digitizer and back cover?

Here's a picture of the new vs the old: (checkout the proximity sensor above the ear speaker)

NEW:
    [​IMG]

OLD:
    [​IMG]

2. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i'm pretty sure the back piece is identical to the old oem ones. you can find it on ebay for 20 or iresq for 29+shipping. i would personally go with iresq. as for the front... i'm waiting for that too :D

3. calvy macrumors 65816

And just because you've taken off the back cover before DOES NOT mean you have what it takes to replace the front face of the phone. Just getting the battery out is a pain because of the glue they use to glue it to the body.

4. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

I just used the pry tool because the tab is way too fragile and will break off. the headphone jack is a pain to replace

5. brianjw thread starter macrumors newbie

The back piece yes, but no front one as far I've seen. I'll be waiting as well I guess lol.

Doesn't mean I have what it takes, but it means I had the nerve and will to open up my iPhone with the risk of breaking something or voiding warranty. With all the instruction over how to do the entire white conversion all over the web, I am sure I could do it just fine.