Where To Buy Whole New 15" MBP Display Compartment?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, May 19, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I want to replace the whole display with a new one (switching from glossy to anti-glare). I've been searching around online at various Mac Part stores but not found what I'm looking for.

Basically, I want to buy the anti-glare display and compartment. The whole top unit, as a whole. That way, I just take the top unit off on my MBP and install the new one.

Surely you can buy these as a whole?

2. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Those are for pre-unibody MacBook Pros ;)

I'm after the whole display.

http://www.thebookyard.com/product.php?products_id=4454

Like that. Only antiglare! The silver bezel, antiglare display.. the whole shabang. It'll set me back £600 probably, but hoping to sell the display unit on my MacBook Pro (even trade it in) and gain back 70-80% of the costs.

3. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i would just return the one your using now since its within the 14 day limit i believe? but thats just me....i wouldn't trust myself taking off the whole screen!

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Ahh, my bad, I just took a quick look and they were the only ones I found :eek:

Can't you ask Apple to do it?

5. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

id love to know too. once 3 years passes, id be willing to try and switch my glass/glare/hell screen and switch it to the antiglare display

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Yeah but without derailing this thread onto standard res v high res, I'd rather have 1440x900 :)

Can't be too complicated taking the whole top half off and putting it back on!