Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nolem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Anybody know where I can buy an empty G5 case? I've checked ebay.

I want to put a xbox into it:cool:

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Where to get an empty G5 case

Originally posted by nolem

You can't be serious? This is a joke right?:confused:

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Re: Where to get an empty G5 case

Originally posted by nolem

Did you email this question in to The Screen Savers or Call For Help today? Because I swear someone asked that question on there today.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
I love how everyone at first thought the G5 case was butt-ugly...

Now everyone wants one!

:rolleyes:

cmx08

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
Canada, GMA
And then what? 286?

first a ***** AMD 2200 that is as slow as a snail

second a dude looking to junk a g5 with MICROSOFT's seXBOX

we just need BILL GATES to come along and get some G5 PM and Serves over the phone with Stevie and Explain him that he wants to install 286 to run some ugly DOS

is this a joke or what?

THIS IS THE MOST CRUEL AND UNUSUALLY PUNISHMENT FOR A G5

PLEASE NO MORE BILL GATES BRAND INSIDE PM G5 CASES

mod edit - getting around the profanity filter will get you banned

Tomasz

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
Berkeley, California
You know what... this is just ridiculous. And I am not refering to his idea of putting an xbox in the case, but to everybody that is making a big deal out of this... in the sense that it is a 'bad' thing to do.

Grow up, its a computer case and if he feels like it, let him put in an xbox. He will have some fun, and have an amazing system to be proud of.

Also, nolem, if you are serious about this, you might want to put in a few more systems in the case (it is quite large). Or some other kinds of 'mods' that will look amazing.

~Tomasz

P.S. I haven't posted here in forever... although I read it daily.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Originally posted by Tomasz
Also, nolem, if you are serious about this, you might want to put in a few more systems in the case (it is quite large). Or some other kinds of 'mods' that will look amazing.
Yeah, I agree. Imagine an Xbox, PS2, and a GameCube all in one case. That would be slick.

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
cheeky tech-tv monkeys, telling you to go get a PC to watch the clip if you are on a Mac. I'm watching that video now, and guess what, I'm on a mac!

nolem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
whats wrong with my Idea anyways, don't you think that would be the ultimate irony? But If its gonna cost 500 bucks i'm over it, maybe i'll get g4 case on ebay, or I can get funding form you guys:rolleyes:

But if i found a g5 case I bet the screensavers would show it on their show, that would be cool.

P.S. thanks to all who support me

nolem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Re: Re: Where to get an empty G5 case

Originally posted by Deefuzz
Did you email this question in to The Screen Savers or Call For Help today? Because I swear someone asked that question on there today.

no, but thats where I got the idea from

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by jrv3034

Now everyone wants one!

:rolleyes:

It is just most people don't like change. So the first reaction was negative. I happen to be one of those that liked the new case from the beginning. With time the new look tends to increase popularity.

I hope that you will be successful in your search of a G5 case. I would like to hear when you find a source, nolem.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by jrv3034

not me... I think it's an outstanding example of highly functional product design... it's the whiz-biz! ;)

nolem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
same here, thats why I want to put the ugly xbox inside of, can't you see, its common sense!

Richter

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2003
FL
Re: Re: Re: And then what? 286?

Originally posted by Counterfit
Compared to what was in it before?
still dont think it be slow enough to designate a snail to it, a walking cat maybe. but a snail?

o_O

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by MacBandit
Yoshi the modder on The Screen Savers has done that plus much much more.. He calls it the Y-Boxx.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3424508,00.html

It looks like that thing would over heat like crazy.

Also, I am sure that some company probably makes some cheap knock offs of the G5 case, but I am too lazy to look.

I doubt that you are going to be able to get one unless maybe you buy a refurbished one or something and sell off the internal parts.

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Re: Re: Re: And then what? 286?

Originally posted by Counterfit
Compared to what was in it before?

A Dual 2.0Ghz G5 will make an Athlon 1.8Ghz look slow. Not to say a 1.8Ghz is slow because that is what I have in my computer but it is slow compared to a couple of G5's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.