Where to get Genuine OEM back glass?

JuMpMaN6235

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
I want a 100% for sure genuine OEM back glass for an iphone 4.
I dont trust any of the ebay scammers that say OEM, but it really isnt.
Whats a reliable site?

JuMpMaN6235

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
I was afriad of that lol.. im sure their price isnt anywhere reasonable. Anybody have a clue how much?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Are you able to just walk in and purchase them or will apple only replace if something is wrong? I have a black iPhone but it'd be nice to swap out the back with a white plate for the heck of it.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
You can only get OEM parts from an Apple Authorized Repair Center.

Problem here. Apple doesn't have any for the iPhone.

They all have to go back to Apple.

Any parts out there are knock-offs or gray market.

JuMpMaN6235

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
Are you able to just walk in and purchase them or will apple only replace if something is wrong? I have a black iPhone but it'd be nice to swap out the back with a white plate for the heck of it.
wow $29 is a decent price, considering how they overprice everything. I have the same question as F123D, will they let you just buy it and install it yourself?

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
I think it doesn't really matter if it's OEM or not. The apple ones are cheap and break easily, so does the glass knockoffs. Some of the non-oem ones are plastic or wood, which should survive more drops.

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
As far as I know you actually have to have something wrong with it for them to fix it. You can't just walk in and tell them you want to buy the glass back only.

rgarjr

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I think you have to make a genius bar appointment and have them replace it for you. I'm sure you can just tell them you want a new shiny one.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Just buy from eBay. They all come from China anyways (including originals) and you can't tell the difference. The only difference is the price and how cheap it is to get it.

----------

I think you have to make a genius bar appointment and have them replace it for you. I'm sure you can just tell them you want a new shiny one.
But then you risk looking like an idiot and being out 30 bucks plus tax.

Not to mention you have to go there and wait. Appointments are hardly ever on time and the only time you will get one on time is if you go right when they open. The only apple store I've been to that runs on (actually ahead) of schedule at the genius bar is Grand Central.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.