Where to get my iPhone 3G unlocked/jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MayQueen~420~, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MayQueen~420~ macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I just acquired an iPhone 3G for super dirt cheap, it's in perfect working condition. I want to unlock/jailbreak it and use it with Simple Mobile (don't know if any of you have heard of it). I've done a little research online and am overwhelmed with the amount of info. Where is the best place to get my phone unlocked and jailbroken? I don't want to have to keep constantly re-paying to unlock my phone and want to do it right the first time. Also, does the phone work pretty good with Simple Mobile? My only other option is Metro PCS and they just suck.

Thanks for reading.

2. applemessiah macrumors member

unless the phone is factory unlocked, then there is always a risk of losing the unlock with a restore or baseband upgrade. Unlocking iphone 3g is fairly simple. 'everythingapplepro' has a youtube channel with fairly good tutorials. if not, then im sure someone in your city can do it for you for no more than 30 bucks if not cheaper. good luck.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Before attempting a jailbreak the please please do lots of homework before even attempting this procedure.

learn how to resolve any possible issues so you can tackle them and not become one of the many people posting on forums with threads named, "help my iPhones stopped working"

There are lots of users who have done this and continue to enjoy the new lease of life its given to their idevice.

Good luck.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You couldn't use metro pcs anyway, because they're cdma and don't use sim cards.
    Like bandofbrothers said, you pretty much have to understand what you're doing if you want to keep your unlock and not have to pay to get it re-done. The unlocking software is free, so you can re-do it yourself or unlock it yourself in the first place.