Where to get the best money for my iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tartarus, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Tartarus macrumors member

So I'm looking to sell my iPad 1 after spring break and order a new iPad 3 hd whatever it's called, and I've seen a few online services that give money for used iPads, eBay has instant trades and I can get $200 for my 16 GB, if anybody knows a place where I can get more money for it, that would be great, I'm also going to try auctioning it on eBay if I can't get more than $200 instantly.

Any suggestions, sound off in the comments below!

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

the new iPad

3. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Craigslist has the most potential if you don't mine sorting through all the scam offers. eBay is the next best, the main disadvantage being the 12% cut eBay and PayPal get, so you lose a good bit there.

All of the automatic trade in sites will give you much less than the actual value.

4. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

I sold my iPad 1 16gb wifi on Craigslist for $300 last weekend so I'd say that's the way to go.

5. angelajude macrumors newbie

Another vote for Craigslist. I sold my iPad first gen 16gb with the Apple case and a leather book cover case for $300 the day before the new iPad announcement.

Not sure what you can get for it now that the new one is released and the Apple store sells refurbished 1st gen's for $299.

6. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Craigslist comes with such a vast number of lowballers. There's a site called Gazelle that is paying 320. To 350. For good condition ip2's with 32 gigs.
    I have not used Gazelle. I used Craigslist and sold an ipad2 for 330. To a non profit organization who asked me to donate Tito them. I wish I cold have but I did donate the charge cord with the iPad. I actually wanted 375. So I moved down quite a bit for them.