Where to order an iPhone and get it QUICKEST?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion103, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Legion103 macrumors regular

My brother now wants the iPhone 5, and his birthday is soon.

Where do you recommened ordering from so he can get it within 2 weeks max?

Apple?
    Verizon?
    Walmart?

Thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. JCfromTB macrumors member

I think a lot depends on which iPhone you're looking to get. For example, I went to my local Sprint store to get on the wait list (Tuesday 9/25) for a Black and White 64GB (bought a $50 gift card for each phone to get on the lists, which can be used to buy the phones when they came in).

I was #2 and #3 on the list for 64GB, however the list for 16GB was like 50-something people and the 32GB had 20 or so on the wait list. Long story short, I got a call the next morning that my phones came in. It was less than 20 hours from the time I placed the order until I was called to pick them up.

4. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If you're fast & smart about how you play the 10:00 lottery, that's the fastest way to get one.

5. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

^^^ This...

If you're close to an Apple store, you can just go in and ask. There's a slight chance they may have some there but doubtful. The Pre - Order/Pick Up in store quantities are based on what doesn't sell that day. So if you logon and there are none available via pre-order, chances are the store has none.

6. navinjohnson1 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a black 32gb iphone 5 at the sprint store on 34th st in manhattan. They are out of white and all 16gb but if you're looking for black 32 or 64 gb they have some.

7. zman98 macrumors member

I was able to get 3 using the reservation @ 10:00 (one white; two black all 32gb). Just depends on your location. I have 5 apple stores within driving distance and ended up with a phone at three different stores over the past week.