Where To Purchase Lowest Priced Mac Laptop? (Xmas Gift 4 my cousin in H.S.)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HappyDude20, Dec 2, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

My cousin who is in High School needs a laptop. We went to a bunch of stores looking at Windows based laptops, some with Vista and some with Windows 7. Truth be told he didn't look excited.

I attempted to pump him up on the netbooks, seeing as he usually follows my lead but he didn't bite. I'm his older cousin and admit got that advantage of him kinda looking up to me, so at the stores I told him how awesome the netbooks were w/ their small portable sizes and windows 7...

...But he always sees me w/ my Macbook.

My aunt and uncle told me to research the lowest priced macbook i can find. He's in high school and my aunt and uncle have advised him w/e laptop he gets needs to last him through college.

I know my cousin and he's not a hardcore, RAM user, 500GB kinda kid. He'll most likely use it to watch YouTube videos, Hulu vids, type a document or two weekly and save his files...

So he doesn't need the most awesome macbook.

No price is too low. I'd like for it to either be new or refurbished (he won't know) and need it to be capable of having SL.

I'm all ears.

:D:D:D:D:D

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I love this forum...for 2 reasons:

1. Fast responses
    2. Helps me procrastinate on my work

I agree on the Refurb mac. My current MBP 13'inch is Refurbished and no one could tell. In fact, i've had less problems with this refurbed model than my old white macbook.

Of which I think I may need to take that route. Purchasing that old model white macbook, the one with the button. He won't miss the multi touch features and I believe they're SL capable.

The Apple refurbished store has then for $749.

....But no price is too low for me.

:cool: