Where to purchase new 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xtremetj, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Xtremetj macrumors newbie

I need to upgrade my iPhone 4 today and am curious where the best place is to get one, if I can find one?

Best Buy, Verizon store or the Apple store? Is there any benefit of one over the others?

I don't remember why but some time ago someone told me Best Buy was better than the Verizon store. Something about the Geek Squad insurance being better than Verizon's if you have it.

Thoughts?

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

The Apple Store restocks every day (except Sunday), according to an employee i spoke with last week. The best thing to do is call an Apple Store closest to you and ask if they have the specific model you want.

Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile all claim they won't ship until late October. Best Buy has a "check store availability" option, but I am unsure how reliable that system is.

I personally recommend Applecare+.

3. Xtremetj thread starter macrumors newbie

I started at the Apple Store today just in time. A shipment just arrived and I was 8th in line and picked up a Silver 32GB.

I really like it but have to admit, it feels kind of cheesy to me. I like the weight of my 4 and my wife's 4S. It feels like you actually have something in your hand.

4. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Give yourself more than a few hours with it. It feels strange at first but now I much prefer the form factor of the 5. Not true for everyone, but give it a chance :)

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I had the same experience. The 5 felt so skinny & weird to me at first, but now when I pick up my mom's 4S, it feels like a chunky little brick. You'll get used to the new one quickly. :)

6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

If you have a choice OP always go Apple. ALWAYS.

The 4s was a little thick when having a case on it (but was the perfect size without one), so now that the 5s is thinner a case on it feels perfect to me, which I like :)

7. Cr0nus macrumors member

Cr0nus

So if I were to head over to the Apple store Sunday morning right at opening they would not have iphones to sell? (assuming they did not have any available Saturday)

I thought I read somewhere that the shipment they receive on saturdays is withheld for sale on Sundays.

Let me know!

Thank you

8. Xtremetj thread starter macrumors newbie

Not at my store here in Texas. That's why they had us form a line. The shipment had just arrived so we had to wait while they inventoried them so they could hand out cards for each phone available. I got the last Silver 32GB.

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Cheesy? I'm sorry, but your powers of perception need some tweaking. :D

10. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

This might make is easier to get a 5s at an Apple store...

Apple to resume in-store iPhone 5s pickups next week

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/09/27/apple-to-resume-in-store-5s/

"Apple extended its Personal Pickup service to the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c on Monday, enabling customers to check availability at their local Apple retailers and schedule in-store pickups for both of the handsets.

The service was particularly handy for 5s shoppers, given that initial supplies were very limited, and online shipping times quickly slipped to October. But without explanation, Apple pulled the option the following day…

As of right now, customers looking to buy an iPhone 5s from Apple are only given the options of placing an online order for delivery in October or visiting local retail stores in person to check in-store availability.

But according to a new report from 9to5Mac, that’ll change next week. Citing anonymous sources, the site says the company will reinstate the in-store pickup option for both its app and website next Monday, Sept 30."

11. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

May want to check target,target near me had a few on hand for every carrier. He wouldn't tell me the exact number.