Where to start with used 3g? Scared of breaking! x

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dollylovesdisco, Feb 19, 2011.

1. dollylovesdisco macrumors newbie

Hi!

Apologies for sounding so dim guys... but want to check I am doing everything right? :eek:

I have just bought an 11 month old 3g in perfect working condition which is simlocked to orange. I am also on orange so... is it really just pop my sim in and away I go like other phones?

Also, how do I set up the phone with itunes? my cousin was telling me horror stories of apple locking the phone and things... :confused:
    soo.... how do i activate it so they know it is now mine and will continue to work properly? Obviously I will want to download my own apps and things??

Looking forward to hearing from you experts M x x

2. BlackViper macrumors member

I think you're over-thinking it; if the phone is locked to Orange then you will simply need to insert an Orange SIM and activate in iTunes. I assume the phone came restored already, or you will want to do yourself, either in iTunes or using the iPhone Settings app to erase all content and settings. No need to register with Apple, they don't care who's using the phone but you may want to get AppleCare while you have the chance.