Where will Apple go after the Iphone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shaunmed, Oct 3, 2014.

1. shaunmed macrumors regular

I have the 6+ and it quite may be the perfect phone. I don't know that I want anything more. What is is missing for you of anything?

2. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

5.5" screen but with smaller bezels on top and bottom. That would be the perfect iphone, for me. The height of the 6 Plus was a little too tall for my tastes.

3. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

They may go for the iPhone 9 if they want to pull a microsoft.

They may go for 5.0 '' display, but shrink the bezel, throw in more RAM, better camera with OIS for the smaller 6 inch model, improve the battery life with a 14 nm process that samsung is working on, sapphire glass, throw in a temperature sensor maybe? notification light that android has always had.

4. shaunmed thread starter macrumors regular

ya whats up with the skipping windows 8? microsoft became so lame tsk tsk.

i like the idea of temperature sensor.

id like sonar personally. you could walk around in the dark. very useful for night ops!

5. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Sonar would be so much fun! You know what they should put in?

INFARED SENSOR.

Then we could use it as a remote! Or better yet, a "Kinect" like sensor.
    Temperature is a little bit annoying now since everytime I ask Siri about it she wants me to turn on the GPS. a temperature sensor would save so much more battery than that and be more accurate than any weather report.

6. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

As cool/handy as a thermometer would be, thermometers in devices that are on your body most of the time really don't tell you anything useful.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

iPhone 6 Plus s

Faster Chip maybe !
    I'm sure people will say more RAM.
    Slight aesthetic changes.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

Hopefully a top and bottom bezel reduction and improved hardware for true multitasking.

9. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

10. BvizioN Suspended

BvizioN

There is much more they can do. Actually possibilities are endless.

Thinner bezels, flexible body just to satisfy people who love bending phones, Touch ID integrated on display, still more improvement can be made on display, solar charging integrated on display, improvement on battery life, improvement on processor, improvement on the camera with larger aperture, higher frame rate video recording and the list really goes on and on....

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

They didn't skip 8. 8 is out now. They skipped 9

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/01/windows-10-9-naming-rumor/

12. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

What's with this nonsensical hate for skipping a version number? Apple skipped version 8 and 9 with QuickTime X and Final Cut Pro X too.

13. Deeds500 macrumors regular

My top 10 wish list for iPhone 7 Plus:

1) No more protruding camera lens.

2) Sapphire display.

3) Water resistant.

4) Split screen multitasking.

5) More customisation.

6) Finer bezels.

7) 2 gig of ram to facilitate wish 4.

8) Even more durable battery.

9) Improved speaker.

10) Higher pixel camera to allow for improved cropping of photos.

If Apple were to implement these 10 wishes of mine into the next, or a future, iphone, it will be 'my' perfect iphone.

14. Marli macrumors regular

iPhone 6S plus no doubt.. With minor improvements.

15. munakib macrumors 6502

Well he broke some necks there....so its working!

16. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Just make it lifeproof since Lifeproof isn't gonna ever make a case for these new phones.

17. AlxR4 macrumors newbie

How to have the iPhone's LED flash alert you to new notifications
    Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
    Tap on General.
    Inside the General menu, tap on Accessibility.
    Scroll down a ways and under the Hearing section, turn the option for LED Flash for Alerts to On.

18. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

Why do you say that?

19. AlxR4 macrumors newbie

20. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I would like for them to add some sort of water resistance. Samsung has had this for a while (their phones are outright waterproof).

Also figure out some sort of way to stop the front from shattering upon impact (may be impossible due to laws of physics but who knows, maybe there is a way). In addition, scratch resistance improved so that we can say goodbye to screen protectors once and for all.

That combined with water resistance would eliminate the need for cases/insurance.

Make the battery last even longer (can never have too much battery life).

Trim the bezels a bit so that you get more screen space in a smaller footprint. The iPhone 6 plus is TALLER than the Note 4 yet the Note has a bigger screen. Ridiculous! The 4.7 inch iPhone is also as big as the Galaxy S4 yet the S4 has a bigger screen too (5.1 v. 4.7).

Niche wish list item that will probably never happen: Dual Sims. Would be great for travel abroad. Lots of phones sold abroad also come with Dual Sims already and it makes life much easier.

32GB as the base storage option. I got a feeling this will come in 6S or if not then 7. I think it will be 100% ridiculous if in 2016/2017 we still have 16GB phones being sold at full price.

21. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Perhaps maybe a different colour than space grey for the black screen. Black and gold would be really nice! Water resistance would be nice, maybe an in-between size like 5.1 screen. I'd like my phone a little better but not as big as the 6+.

22. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Longer battery (not possible yet, but I am talking like week long battery life)
    More durability (Not #bendgate, but I am talking shatter resistance and waterproofing.)
    Reducing the footprint of the device (shorter top/bottom bezels, screen going to the edge and meeting the aluminum and keeping the curve.)
    And since week long battery life won't be possible at least for a few more years, wireless charging would be nice. And since it is apple, they should push stores/restaurants/coffee shops to add charging plates to their tables. So you just go grab a coffee and put your phone on the table to charge.

23. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Agreed, guess that is why people here are not designing phones! LOL!

I do like the infrared or even night vision but right now my 6 is making me very happy.

24. TN-AppleFanGirl macrumors member

TN-AppleFanGirl

LED flash alerting you to new notifications.
    Waterproof
    Smaller bezel
    Lord please bless us with a better camera!! LOL. 8 megapixel is not working and Android has been on top with megapixels for the longest