Where will you be standing in line at?? and what time??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CooKieMoNs7eR, Sep 14, 2013.

?

Where will be standing at??

1. Apple store

146 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. AT&T

42 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. Walmart

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Bestbuy

11 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Just a fun thread, like every year I get too excited about the new iPhone and I just wanna talk about it :D I'll be standing at my local Apple store at around 1 am!!!

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I'll be standing in line in my bed. Then I'll go to an Apple store during my lunchtime and pick up a couple of 5S' just like I've done every year.

3. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Will it really be that available though?

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Who knows. I've never had a problem, but I may have just gotten lucky. I have a feeling that a lot will stay with their 5 instead of upgrading to the 5s, heck I'm still on the fence if I'm going to upgrade, but I always say that and end up with a new phone anyway.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Maybe so but I think there will be a lot of people who will upgrade from an older iPhone then the 5 or from another brand/model of phone. I suspect the fact that Apple is not offering the option to preorder means that there may be limited supply and unless you are lucky online or get to a store really early then you may be out of luck.

Personally I have never waited in line for any product and I don't intend to this time. I will just try to order online. If I can't get one right away I will wait until I can order online or just walk into a store. My iPhone 5 will have to do until then.

6. CooKieMoNs7eR thread starter macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

The lines are going to be long because there are no Pre-Orders like previous iPhones.

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Yeah I might order online, but I won't wake up at 3am. If it's sold out then I'll just wait a couple of weeks and get one then, no biggie. I'll pop into the ATT store near me and see what they have and see if I get lucky like I have in the past.

I'll never wait in line again. I've only done it once, for the iPad 2, waited 3 hours just to have them say they didn't have one for me. Too embarrassing sitting there like an Apple lemming for everyone to see.

8. falcora macrumors 6502

I've camped out for the 3GS, 4S, iPad Retina, and the 5 with people from work (app developers). It's always been a fun experience to meet like minded apple enthusiasts. A couple times people have brought inflatable movie theater screens with projectors as well. I've typically arrived mid afternoon to early evening and been in the first 20 people in line.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Will wake up 3AM eastern time and see what online ordering looks like. If same day pickup is an option I'll do that.

Otherwise I'll see what line looks like at 6AM and if it won't impact my time I'll get to work just do that.

10. CooKieMoNs7eR thread starter macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I'm thinking of doing the same exact think loll, I really don't want to stand in line for 6+ hours but I will if I have to :)

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Ill be at the Staten Island, NY Apple Store. I get out of class at 4:30 that Thursday and its a minute drive from the store so ill stop by to see if there is any sort of line. If there is a line then Ill just hop on it, if not ill get up at like 4pm and go then.

12. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I've only got one thing out of the MANY Apple devices I have at a store other than Apple itself. Better service, biggest supply. Ya, longest lines, but as long as your one of the ones toward the front, that doesn't matter. :D

I headed over to Wal-Mart to try and get the 4 on lunch day. They said they had gotten ONE to sell. :eek:

13. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Sitting at computer patiently holding finger close to the Send button.

Attached Files:

14. nickprete11 macrumors regular

I'll be at Apple Store, King of Prussia. I'll probably get there around 5am on Friday. Is anyone else going to be there?

15. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I won't be standing anywhere. I will wake up Saturday morning eat my breakfast and drive to the Apple store probably around noon. Walk into the store buy one and drive back home.

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

17. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

You've picked up 5S's every year? Color me amazed. :)

18. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

You have to wait in line just for a place to sleep? Man, the economy is worse than I thought.

----------

But what will you do for lunch?!

19. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I'll either be there or go to Lehigh valley. I'm not sure about waiting at a mall, especially if we have to wait outside.

20. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Confused? :confused:

21. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Good luck with that plan. I hope you aren't planning on a particular color/capacity.

22. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Yeah people say that every year. I'll report back on Friday you'll see.

23. Spacial macrumors 6502

I'll be in the short, fast moving line at Starbucks.

This years iPhone is best avoided. Before you know it, iPhone 6 will be here. A phone that will really put the 5 S to shame.

24. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Maybe you'll be ok. People also complain every year about how the Apple stores quickly run out of the most popular models. I think the gold version is going to sell out pretty quickly, but every area is different. Maybe you will just waltz into the store at your leisure and get exactly what you want.

25. LostAggie macrumors 6502